Captain EO Update

mastif

Original Poster
6/20/10: The carpet that inside the theater and que is being replaced and is currently all ripped out. that is all.

EpcotServo

Yay! I was worried they'd leave the Imagination Institute carpet and thematically confuse everyone who watches their step.

raven

6/20/10: The carpet that inside the theater and que is being replaced and is currently all ripped out. that is all.

1/2 correct. I worked in there for 4 hours last night. New carpet has already been installed in the lobby and preshow area. The exit ramp carpet has been ripped up but, as of last night, nothing has been installed yet. The theater carpet is still the same for now, "possibly" getting the new stuff by opening but I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed because there are lots of technical issues being worked on inside.

raven

I took a peek in there a couple days ago... The pre-show carpet looks good and is definitely not Imagination Institute themed...

Yes but I think they gave up on trying to figure out the pattern and just plopped it down. :lol:

SOme of the effects from the original won't be back, sadly. Never saw the original but I was informed last night obvious changes had to be made and they were working on other effects most of the night.

PalisadesPkteer

Thanks for the info You're the Best Raven. But then you already knew that.

Are most of the old effects going to be used. How many effects are we losing?

raven

No new carpet for the theater, it was cleaned overnight.

A new merch. cart entered the scene around 5AM this morning next to the photo spot outside the pavilion. Spotted three t-shirts and a poster when I walked by. Not sure if they will start selling the stuff today or wait a bit.

Cmdr_Crimson

A new merch. cart entered the scene around 5AM this morning next to the photo spot outside the pavilion. Spotted three t-shirts and a poster when I walked by. Not sure if they will start selling the stuff today or wait a bit.

Hmm I wonder if they will have a limited edition Captain EO Figment..Would be interesting to see that.

raven

The "official rEOpening" is this morning in about 25 minutes (8:45AM) with Cast Members.

Between 4AM and 5AM this morning they installed the marquee/canope at the base of the ramp leading up to the front door. It has the same logo that's above the door as well as a poster of the movie. Trees have been trimmed and new plants have been planted nearby overnight as well as side walls along the ramp repainted and walkways powerwashed. The whole area looks brand new!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom