Captain EO to return to Disneyland, EPCOT maybe?

EPCOT Explorer

I certainly hope so!:D :sohappy: I would love to see a part of EPCOT Center back again.

If they can do it for DL, why not here? I gotta get more info on this...

I certainly hope so!:D :sohappy: I would love to see a part of EPCOT Center back again.

If they can do it for DL, why not here? I gotta get more info on this...
Im quite positive that Epcot will also get the attraction back. I hope so because Captain EO is far superior to HISTA in every way possible.

The Conundrum

They are bringing it back to push Epcot's new Comic book-based rides only mandate.

51848_20060716161858_large.jpg

SirNim

Man, Captain EO would be a great placeholder for the Magic Eye Theatre in the time between HISTA is removed and a new Dreamfinder/Figment film is premiered! An interim film during the transformation of the Imagination pavilion. :lookaroun

WDW1974

So far, it's just going to DL. TDO doesn't want to pay for it here. I'm not sure I blame them.

Captain Eo was fun ... for the 80s. And I understand all the MJ fans seem to want to see it again.

But Disney shouldn't be about recycling the magic ... it should be about creating new magic. And that pavilion needs it ... badly.

JWG

So far, it's just going to DL. TDO doesn't want to pay for it here. I'm not sure I blame them.

Captain Eo was fun ... for the 80s. And I understand all the MJ fans seem to want to see it again.

But Disney shouldn't be about recycling the magic ... it should be about creating new magic. And that pavilion needs it ... badly.

Isn't that the whole M.O. for "Disney Parks" though? Wait long enough for another park to invest in development and then only have to pay build/construction costs at WDW because we're bringing the same attractions to all "Disney Parks"?

DarthGrady

Im quite positive that Epcot will also get the attraction back. I hope so because Captain EO is far superior to HISTA in every way possible.

So true! They need to get rid of HISTA and all the other "Imagination Institute" crap.

I hope this is true, it would be so awesome!
:D:sohappy::D:sohappy:

DisneyCanadian

What if LucasArts was able to make updates to the movie, like they did with the re-release of the original star wars trilogy? I'm sure they would also have to ability to update the 3d aspect of the movie without having to refilm the whole thing.

brucie

TDO doesn't want to seem to pay for anything ever??? What's with them. Don't they know it costs money to upgrade and make the parks better!! It's so frusturating we always hear that. or budgets being reduced leaving us with a less then perfect attraction.:mad:

The Conundrum

What if LucasArts was able to make updates to the movie, like they did with the re-release of the original star wars trilogy? I'm sure they would also have to ability to update the 3d aspect of the movie without having to refilm the whole thing.

knowing Lucas he would probably replace Michael Jackson with a CGI alien stating that this is "much closer to his original vision for the attraction"

misterID

I heard Disneyland is getting EO for a little while, followed by a new 3D film replacement for Honey I Shrunk The Audiance (among other things) but don't count on it coming to EPCOT.

yankspy

Agreed. I would much rather see a new creative attraction for that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom