Captain EO close date?

DisneyWeather!

Original Poster
Just searched for when they are closing EO and all I saw was that it would run for about a year starting July 2, 2010. Would like to re-live my memories of that show from 1987 this August and have already been disappointed with the news of the refurbs to Bugs and mermaid.

menamechris

Fear not. No closing date has been announced. And Disney is usually very good about announcing close dates for things like this so fans can go see them one last time. I think you are safe with an August trip...

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
you should be happy they are refurbing bugs life. Hopper isn't working and hasn't been. It's bad show and they need to get it fixed.

Maintenance is suffering to begin with, be happy they still DO maintenance to fix things.

majorrfb

Ditto Captain EO

thanks for the info! I love Captain Eo!
During our last visit (Feb. 2011) saw MJ featured in CEO and still love the production. Hopper hasn't been working during our last two visits-
Dec. 10 and Feb. 11. And of course, Monorail travel and closing during our last 3 visits have malfunctioned and had to use the ferry boats. Lord have mercy. :hammer:

RonAnnArbor

EO isn't going anywhere right now -- it's full all day long....this past weekend, in fact, there were 40 minute waits on Saturday and 20 minute waits on Thursday and Friday....

You can be assured it will be there in August, and possibly throughout the entire fall and into the holiday season again this winter....

DisneyWeather!

Original Poster
Thanks for the info on EO, looking forward to seeing it again! I am glad that things that need maintenance are being maintained. Just disappointed with timing as it is my son's first visit and my 6 yr old is a little mermaid fanatic. Would have rather missed the tiki room or even space mountain like when we were there in 07 (or was it 09 - either way, my kids were too young to want to ride it).

Ksearcy

you should be happy they are refurbing bugs life. Hopper isn't working and hasn't been. It's bad show and they need to get it fixed.

Maintenance is suffering to begin with, be happy they still DO maintenance to fix things.

Hopper was working well Sunday.:)

JWG

It seems as thought EO will be there until they're ready to repurpose the theater as part of the greater Imagination redo.

So I think you'll be fine in August of 2020 to still be able to see EO. We did go in December and it's way better than Honey I Shrunk the Audience even with the reduced effects. In my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom