Cape May vs Gullivers Character Meal?

noname70

Original Poster
Hi-we'll be staying in the Epcot resort area for the first time and were looking for opinions on the Cape May (BC) vs Gullivers (Swan) Character Meals?

Would you let me know about the the food and fun factor?

napnet

My wife and i had dinner at Gullivers on Dec 4th, while the restraunt was nice, i was a little dissapointed in it. Its not a Disney owned restraunt since it is in the swan. The food was good and Goofy was there but it was just 'ok' to me compaired to some of the other restraunts there.

the one good thing was it was empty :)

Nemo14

We've done the Cape May breakfast (i think that's the only time the characters are there) and enjoyed it very much, although people have said that lately it's not as good as it once was. I've never been to Gulliver's and really haven't heard much about it either.

Yanks07

Cape May is awesome for both Character breakfast (Goofy, Chip & Dale & Minnie last time I was there) and dinner, my fav. buffet! :slurp: . Sorry, no experience at Gullivers.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Do NOT goto Gullivers.

It's the restaurant that Disney dining avoids recommending at all costs - not because it's not Disney owned, but because they get so many complaints about it.

It has 2 characters per meal, essentially two of the same height and thus never seen at the same time. Coincidence? I think not!

Burgstressera

My husband and I have been to both places.

Went to Gulliver's for dinner and have been to Cape May for both Breakfast and Dinner. Keep in mind that the dinner buffet at Cape May does not have characters.

I love the Yacht and Beach Club. I think the hotels two of the most beautiful hotels on Disney property - so I'm a bit biased!!!

Cape May's breakfast with the Characters is awesome and the seafood dinner is just as good. I would definitely recommend experiencing both meals while you are there. :slurp:

As for Gulliver's - it's been about 4 years since I've gone there - maybe longer. I do remember the food being good, but for some reason or another my husband and I have never come up with a good reason to go back there.

We eat at Cape May's multiple times while staying in WDW.

Nuff said - right?!?!?! :lookaroun

Uponastar

Never been to Gulliver's but have eaten at Cape May several time, the last time this past Oct. 27th, our anniversary. We love the dinner buffet at Cape May. It is not a character buffet, but it is very good. Not just seafood either. We had ribs and there were several other choices as well, there was a pasta dish too. They have a lower buffet section, so kids can reach it. I believe they had mac and cheese and pizza. Maybe hot dogs. The salads are really good. And I remember boiled redskin potatoes and corn on the cob.
Oh, and I think I read somewhere on this site recently that you can get crab legs for an extra charge. I'm not sure about that, though.
Desserts are wonderful. And the servers are great. All in all a very nice experience. I highly recommend it.

surfsupdon

My relatives dined unsuspectingly once at Gulliver's and said it was terrible. They reccomend all avoid it like the plague. Food price was high b/c it's a character meal, yet (when they visited) only one character was out with diners at a time. It rotated between Goofy and some other critter. They were very displeased and did file a complaint to Swan/Dolphin saying how highly unsatisfied they were.

Cape May is great. Lots of fun.

Atta83

mousermerf said:
It has 2 characters per meal, essentially two of the same height and thus never seen at the same time. Coincidence? I think not!

Can I ask you what you mean exaclty by this???

GoofyMom2

We ate at Gullivers last August. While the food was good, it was as "intensive" a character experience as other places. We saw Timon and Rafiki. They were out at separate times and we really had to wait to see them both. But, both did spend lots of time with the kids (more time than characters at Crystal Palace). Timon was very funny, pretending to pic bugs out of my son's hair! LOL Got some cute pictures. Overall for the high price, I would recommend a different chararcter meal. We are going to Liberty Tree in MK this year for a dinner even though we are staying at the Swan.

My DH was just recently staying at Dolphin for a business trip and ate at Gulliver's again. He said it was horrible this last time. The buffet menu changes nightly except for the basics.

Sorry, no experience with Cape May but maybe we will remedy this soon as we have heard great things about it.

Hope you have a great time!
:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom