Cape May Cafe

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
I've been busy making all my dining reservations and felt I should give a resort restaurant a chance and seeing as I intend to stay at the Beach Club for my 40th in two years, I thought I'd try out the Cape May Cafe.

I've been getting second thoughts and wondering if I wouldn't be better just continuing along the Boardwalk and eating somewhere in Epcot. Can anyone put my mind at rest and give me any indication of how good the restaurant is for dinner?

tigsmom

I've been busy making all my dining reservations and felt I should give a resort restaurant a chance and seeing as I intend to stay at the Beach Club for my 40th in two years, I thought I'd try out the Cape May Cafe.

I've been getting second thoughts and wondering if I wouldn't be better just continuing along the Boardwalk and eating somewhere in Epcot. Can anyone put my mind at rest and give me any indication of how good the restaurant is for dinner?

We loved the meal we had there for dinner! Neither of my kids is much of a seafood eater (they love fried or grilled shrimp and calamari and that's about it), but there was plenty for the landlubbers to enjoy as well. I had some great salmon as well as some good soups and wonderful desserts.

My family really didn't care for the offerings on the Boardwalk except for ESPN Zone.

disneytopdog

I ate there 3 years ago, it was good. Nothing that would knock your socks off. I do have a ADR for it again in December. They have added crab legs to the menu

slappy magoo

Can't vouch for dinner, but if you're looking for a place to celebrate your 40th with a hearty carb-loaded breakfast with characters...I'd say go for it.

And congratulations. As of now I can officially count on one hand the amount of days I have left to be able to honestly say I'm "in my 30s." :mad:

EDIT: I just re-read your original post...TWO YEARS? Dude, at least wait until you can make reservations before you start having second thoughts!

It's the only WDW restaurant that my father has requested to return to for a 2nd time. It was the one place he said he must eat at during the upcoming trip. Our family loves it. Even my mother who doesn't like seafood. Now, if you don't like seafood, you may not like it. But not knowing you or your family, I can't give you a guarantee. My suggestion is to just go for it, it's the only way you'll know. :wave:

gatordoc

I think it's great even if you don't like seafood. The roasted chicken is very flavorful, the ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender, and the sausage and peppers is excellent.

mousebymarriage

Dinner at the Cape May Cafe is a must do for our family on every Disney trip. I don't eat any seafood at all but, I never have a problem finding a bunch of great things to eat there (pastas, carved meats, veggies etc.). We have reservations to eat there again for our trip in Feb.

coltow

We try to do dinner there on every trip. DH is huge seafood eater, I won't touch it. There are plenty of options for both of us. It's our favorite non-character buffet.

We decided to give the breakfast a try on our last trip. The food was great, characters not so much

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
I just re-read your original post...TWO YEARS? Dude, at least wait until you can make reservations before you start having second thoughts!

Okay, maybe that should have been clearer all though the answer is there in my sig. I'll be trying it out next year in anticipation of my celebratory 40th birthday trip in 2012. The reviews of Stormalong Bay and my own experience of Beaches And Cream are very favourable and if Cape May Cafe gets the thumbs up, it's a done deal for a very memorable trip in the making.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The buffet is decent, not spectacular. You can certainly find better food in Epcot (or across the way at the Boardwalk), but you can't really go wrong with Cape May Cafe, it's just not exceptional.

wdwwdeagle

And congratulations. As of now I can officially count on one hand the amount of days I have left to be able to honestly say I'm "in my 30s." :mad:

Just crested that hill myself this year. It's kind of like getting a flu shot.... the anticipation is actually worse than the real thing. Checking the new box at the dr.'s office was slightly horrifying. I recommend lots of trips to compensate, er, um, I mean, celebrate. It's a great excuse for WDW APs!

luvlifeinfl

We ate there last summer when we stayed at the BWV, since BC is just a walk across the lake area. My family loved it! We actually had trouble booking ADR's for there this yr, but finally something opened up.

coltow

Which characters are still there?
I keep seeing conflicting reports on who shows up for the breakfast at Cape May....
We had Goofy, Donald & Minnie. There's just the 3 and the restaurant is pretty big. It takes about 40 minutes for them to make it all the way around. We saw Donald almost immediately after sitting down. We didn't see the other 2 until well after we finished eating and got the bill.

amaley01

We did it last year, it's a great choice. :sohappy:
After supper I surprised my DH for his birthday with the illuminations cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom