Capa Vs. California Grill

Joeamc

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone has eaten at both of these restaurants, Capa rooftop at the Four Seasons at WDW and California Grill. I was wondering how the might compare and differ based on food quality (especially the steaks) ambiance, service, etc. I am planning a fall trip to WDW and was wondering which restaurant I should make an ADR for. I am a long time fan of the California Grill and have eaten there many time but I'm hearing really good things about Capa. Thanks in advance!

DISR

I am going to try to get into Capa this weekend while at the Four Seasons, and I have reservations at Cali Grill in August. If you can wait awhile, I may be able to provide an answer.

Joeamc

Original Poster
I am going to try to get into Capa this weekend while at the Four Seasons, and I have reservations at Cali Grill in August. If you can wait awhile, I may be able to provide an answer.
Thank You! Sounds great. Enjoys your trips!

Hockey89

I was wondering if anyone has eaten at both of these restaurants, Capa rooftop at the Four Seasons at WDW and California Grill. I was wondering how the might compare and differ based on food quality (especially the steaks) ambiance, service, etc. I am planning a fall trip to WDW and was wondering which restaurant I should make an ADR for. I am a long time fan of the California Grill and have eaten there many time but I'm hearing really good things about Capa. Thanks in advance!
Capa's food is way better... Not even a contest.... Plus, Cal Grill has turned into a circus half the time.

Last edited:

Joeamc

Original Poster
Capa's food is way better... Not even a contest.... Plus, Cal Grill has turned into a circus half the time.
Great Thanks for the feedback. Im excited to try Capa. Im hearing nothing but phenomenal reviews. What do you mean by Cali grill being a "circus half the time"?

Hockey89

Great Thanks for the feedback. Im excited to try Capa. Im hearing nothing but phenomenal reviews. What do you mean by Cali grill being a "circus half the time"?
Last time two times I have gone it is so loud with kids running around with their heads cut off around the glass as we ate. Night and day with regards to the atmosphere. Plus, you can see the fireworks from the roof bar...

christine7257

I enjoy CG but Capa is incredible. If you can, time it so that you can have a cocktail at the rooftop bar at sunset. The food is out of this world good - we had several tapas and then steak for dinner. The service is unparalleled. We were initially sat next to a large and loud business group. Without my saying anything, the hostess sensed my reaction and quickly offered another table. Our server was delightful and brought us a special customized dessert when it had come up in conversation we were celebrating. The fireworks are less of an event than they are at CG but our server let us know when they were happening and timed the food accordingly. They do not pipe in music - or didn’t at that time. Given the nature of Illuminations with so much happening on the globe you can’t see much. Could see much more of the MK show but of course can’t see castle projections. Enjoy!

Joeamc

Original Poster
Capa is great! Ravello is also very delicious.
Thanks! I haven't been to the Four seasons at WDW yet so I really wasn't aware of the restaurants there. I've heard really good things about Capa, and now that you have told me, I'm looking at Ravello and it looks great! I am going to have to try both of them next time I'm at WDW. Thanks again!!

DISR

I did eat at both restaurants over the weekend. My take is that Capa stands up against fine dining anywhere. Outstanding service, menu, execution, and ambiance. The fireworks view there is probably a bit overstated due to the distance from MK, but you can see EP as well...it is just a very distant view. CG is still one of the best signature Disney dining experiences. The food and execution were fine (we just got apps/sushi), but it wasn't at Capa's level. It is definitely a Disney feel though, whereas Capa could be anywhere. I like them both, but I guess they are apples and oranges in my view. I would choose based on what you want from the meal. If you are in the mood for really fine dining, then choose Capa. If you are at Disney to experience everything Disney, then CG will keep you in the bubble and still give you a good meal.

Thingamabob

I agree with what everyone has said here so far. The two places are pretty much night and day, but are both enjoyable dining experiences. Capa is a place I went with my family and like stated above it was fine dining at its best. You really can't go wrong. The California Grill I went with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed ourselves and the meals we had. So I guess it is what you are looking for in your dining experience on that particular night. Enjoy.

Chi84

Premium Member
Last time two times I have gone it is so loud with kids running around with their heads cut off around the glass as we ate. Night and day with regards to the atmosphere. Plus, you can see the fireworks from the roof bar...
I REALLY hope you mean “kids running around like chickens with their heads cut off.”

TrojanUSC

Capa is amazing. It's an elevated dining experience. Also a unique combination of steakhouse + tapas. If you can, try to eat around sunset. Amazing views.

CG, while good for what it is, has become basically a Cheesecake Factory in the sky. Busy, hectic, lots of kids but decent food. Brunch is a different story at CG though - amazing!

Joeamc

Original Poster
Capa is amazing. It's an elevated dining experience. Also a unique combination of steakhouse + tapas. If you can, try to eat around sunset. Amazing views.

CG, while good for what it is, has become basically a Cheesecake Factory in the sky. Busy, hectic, lots of kids but decent food. Brunch is a different story at CG though - amazing!
I don't agree that its like Cheesecake Factory at all. Maybe like a slightly lower quality Ruth's Chris, with not as many steaks on the menu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom