Can't Complete Online Check In

kes601

Original Poster
Having an issue doing online check in for a new reservation. It takes all my info, I get the confirmation email about account change update, but rather than changing to "Update Check-In" the button remains "Start Check-In". When I go into it again it shows everything I did previously but doesn't seem to be completing properly. Anybody ever seen something like this?

Wondering if it is because it is for a one day reservation at the same resort that we have a 2 week reservation at the next day. We were able to catch an early morning flight a day earlier than originally anticipated and were unable to get the same passholder rate on the room type the first day so booked a 1 day reservation in a different room type.

Edit: I called the Internet Help Desk and they said it was a glitch they were having. The lady I spoke to on the phone had it fixed in less than 30 seconds.

Last edited:

kes601

Original Poster
Ya, my guess is that the online check-in was completely successfully, but the MDE site wasn't switching a programming flag in the DB to indicate this.

Heppenheimer

Just to ask... what is the advantage to on-line check-in for a resort? If you use Mickey's Magical Express, aren't you essentially checked-in as soon as you scan your Magic band at the airport queue?

kes601

Original Poster
Just to ask... what is the advantage to on-line check-in for a resort? If you use Mickey's Magical Express, aren't you essentially checked-in as soon as you scan your Magic band at the airport queue?
No, don't believe so. You check in online to indicate room preference and what card to charge incidentals to, and provide contact info to let you know when your room is ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom