Canon EOS R5 & R6

Jahona

Original Poster
So we finally have the launch of Canon's new mirrorless cameras. The R5 really seems to live up to the hype. Most of the leaks surrounding this camera seemed to be correct. Just from the video capabilities this packs a punch in a small format.

I'm kind of itching to rent one the next time I go to the parks. Personally I've shot on Nikon since I moved to digital from film. I shoot primarily Canon Cinema at work so I'm no stranger to to Canon.

1594282826_1547009.jpg

R5 Specs

45MP Full Frame CMOS Sensor
8k30 Raw and 4k120 10 bit internal video
5 Axis in body image stabalization rated to 8 stops.
Up to 12 fps on the mechanical shutter and up to 20 fps on the electric shutter.

Jahona

Original Poster
Well that didn't take very long, LOL.

It's not surprising. While these cameras pack a punch, heat is always going to be a problem with mirrorless cameras. It's why proper video cameras aren't just going to go away. Sony has had previous issues with heat disipation on their A7 line. They typically max out at 30 minutes of continual recording.

Jahona

Original Poster
Apparently the new Sony A7Siii will have a passive cooling "solution" to allow unlimited video use.

The A7S series is typically geared towards video so that makes sense. Although most people haven't felt they needed a replacement since the A7iii and A7IV have been very capable cameras in terms of video. I expect it to still have a relatively low resolution image sensor compared to it's siblings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom