Candlelight processional with young kids?

Sillysidewalker

We are heading "home" in December. This is our first holiday trip and our littles are 7, 4, 4 & 2. We have a candle dinner package with the 5pm show. I just can't decide if this is something they would actually enjoy. I know I would, but not with 4 bored children. Anyone attend with children around these ages? Thoughts?

Greg H

We did this last year and are doing it again this year. We have a 6 and 8 year old. Yeah, they were a little bored at times, but in our opinion, it was still well worth it. They definitely enjoyed parts of it. I think we would still do it even with younger kids your age. It was one of the highlights from our last trip. Now, I will say that it is not likely the kind of show that kids would really enjoy and one that would hold their attention so you could sit back and relax.... When we went,we brought snacks and toys so that they could quietly occupy themselves. We definitely had to talk to them a few times during the show... Depending on your plans overall, and your kids' schedules, a later package might be nice as well. We found having it dark outside really added to the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Our 4 year old was completely bored, laying across the bench. My husband and I were glad we saw it once, but weren’t overly impressed. There’s actually not a whole lot to see, maybe just sit outside in the America pavilion with dinner and listen?

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I would pass on it with those young ages. Theres nothing in the show that will keep them really occupied. You might get some attention for a short period of time but there not enough variety or movement going on to ensure they will enjoy it to make it worthwhile. You know your young kids, would they last through it? I know my DS would not have tolerated the lengthy show at that age.

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Thanks all. When we first booked this I am not sure WHAT I was thinking. My 4 year olds and 2 year old would never sit still. My 7 year old would probably love it but we win and lose some. I appreciate the honest feedback.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks all. When we first booked this I am not sure WHAT I was thinking. My 4 year olds and 2 year old would never sit still. My 7 year old would probably love it but we win and lose some. I appreciate the honest feedback.

What about looking into the kids' club at Beach Club? You could drop them off and go back in the IG. Make an evening of it together. The other possibility is a sitter in your room.

Upvote 0

koc1723

We are heading "home" in December. This is our first holiday trip and our littles are 7, 4, 4 & 2. We have a candle dinner package with the 5pm show. I just can't decide if this is something they would actually enjoy. I know I would, but not with 4 bored children. Anyone attend with children around these ages? Thoughts?

My kids were 6, 4 and 2. We definitely had issues with our 2yr old, but he eventually fell asleep in the stroller. We did the dinner package as well, but we went to dinner before. The 6 & 4yr old's did alright. We did bring along a few things to occupy them, books, etc

Upvote 0

spock8113

It seems like everyone here has a good grip on what will/will not fly for younger kids, but I insisted on posting a YouTube video
of a majority of the show some time back (Last year of the Osbourne Lights).
See if YOU can sit through this entire video!!! (33:11)
Actually being there is much better.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom