Candlelight Processional Dining Package

cslafferty

Original Poster
Reservations start today, July 3rd - any idea what time? I’m trying to make reservations online and it keeps saying they’re unable to check for availability at this time, please try again later.

Editor516

Reservations opened online at 6 a.m. Eastern. They changed the way you have to book this year. Go to the main reservations page from a computer. Put in your day and time and party size, then limit the results to Epcot.
You cannot use the app and you cannot go through the CPDP page.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

bubbles1812

Reservations start today, July 3rd - any idea what time? I’m trying to make reservations online and it keeps saying they’re unable to check for availability at this time, please try again later.
The website was down this morning for a good 3 hours. I had to call -- waited on the phone for an hour -- the website is back up now. We are doing Rose & Crown for a 645 show with Gary Sinise! I hope you get what you want.

You can search for Candlelight Processional and can get there that way, but yeah, cannot do it via the app. Number to call is 407 WDW FEST

Editor516

I was able to book my reservation for an CPDP at Chefs de France at 6:03 this morning. Got the confirmation email and everything, and it shows up in my plans.

However, I did notice there was limited availability of times. Availability at some restaurants was also limited, even at 6 a.m.

OP, please let us know how you make out.

cslafferty

Original Poster
Was able to book CPDP online at 8:30am for Dec. 12 at Rose and Crown for the 6:45 show. Don’t know the narrator yet. Would’ve loved to see Gary Sinise, but we already have tickets for MVMCP on the 13th and we leave on the 14th. Hoping for a good one on the 12th! Thanks everyone!

Editor516

You have to pay for a lot of things in full in advance these days. I’m going in December and have had to pay in advance for the CPDP, a fireworks dessert party, fishing, and an Animal Kingdom tour. In a few weeks, I’ll have to buy the (non refundable) MVMCP tickets.

That’s a lot to spend five and six months out. But necessary to get the experiences you want, I guess.

NickPytlinski

we are doing nine dragons (whats peoples thought on this restaurant? never eaten here before and was looking for something different)

then its neil patrick harris i think!

had to pay at time of booking.

Looking forward to it now :)

JIMINYCR

we are doing nine dragons (whats peoples thought on this restaurant? never eaten here before and was looking for something different)

Hate to disappoint you... but IMHO 9 Dragons is one of our LEAST favorite places to dine. There are better options. Weve given it many chances over the years but it continues to deliver bland flavors and uninspiring menu items. An EP restaurant fail

We are doing Rose & Crown for a 645 show with Gary Sinise! I hope you get what you want.

Gary Sinise does a fabulous job narrating. One of the few I'd pay to get a reserved seat for.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

then its neil patrick harris i think!

had to pay at time of booking.

Looking forward to it now :)
Nine Dragons isn't very good. My one and only experience there was actually during a Candlelight Package. The place is very cramped with the tables being very close to each other. It is crowded, noisy, and seems very disorganized. The food is average - I wouldn't go back.

Some pics

mdcpr

You have to pay for a lot of things in full in advance these days. I’m going in December and have had to pay in advance for the CPDP, a fireworks dessert party, fishing, and an Animal Kingdom tour. In a few weeks, I’ll have to buy the (non refundable) MVMCP tickets.

That’s a lot to spend five and six months out. But necessary to get the experiences you want, I guess.
You might want to check cancellation policies and refunds. That's a lot of pre-payments you have to do.

Editor516

The agent who confirmed my reservation asked if I was going to use my dining plan. I said I was, but she verified my credit card info anyway.

I’ve been very careful to document all cancellation policies. Luckily, I’m also using a Disney Visa, so I think that means I get six months interest-free to pay for these prepaid charges.

NickPytlinski

Nine Dragons isn't very good. My one and only experience there was actually during a Candlelight Package. The place is very cramped with the tables being very close to each other. It is crowded, noisy, and seems very disorganized. The food is average - I wouldn't go back.

Some pics

thanks for this. i may have to rethink this then :)

NickPytlinski

Hate to disappoint you... but IMHO 9 Dragons is one of our LEAST favorite places to dine. There are better options. Weve given it many chances over the years but it continues to deliver bland flavors and uninspiring menu items. An EP restaurant fail

Gary Sinise does a fabulous job narrating. One of the few I'd pay to get a reserved seat for.

thanks, may have to rethink if we can. cheers

Dr.GrantSeeker

Didn't want to start a new thread for this. But I am thinking about a dining package for CP, not sold on it yet because of how expensive it is. Anyone have any experience with the CPDP before? I've never seen CP and want to guarantee a spot, but how early do guest begin lining up if the don't do a dining package?

aladdin2007

Didn't want to start a new thread for this. But I am thinking about a dining package for CP, not sold on it yet because of how expensive it is. Anyone have any experience with the CPDP before? I've never seen CP and want to guarantee a spot, but how early do guest begin lining up if the don't do a dining package?

I know it keeps getting more expensive on the package but so far its still worth it. The regular line is usually horrendous and a lot of times half that line doesnt even make it in. Its worth it to do a package since you dont have to wait in line as long, your guaranteed a seat, and you get a nice appetizer, meal, dessert from it included. Maybe try one of the lesser expensive (compared to the other locations anyway) packages like lunch buffet in Germany or the all you can eat in the Land? I think those two are still the lesser priced of locations for an early dine and early show time.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
It's not much of a time saver -- even with a package ticket, you'll want to be on line at least 45 minutes prior to show start time to get a good seat. Without the package, a couple of hours in advance might get you into the seats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom