1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancelling reservations info

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by magicwand, May 18, 2017.

1. magicwand

magicwand Active Member

An FYI - I had to unfortunately cancel my reservation quite some time ago for an upcoming trip which was supposed to be in May. I should have been there this weekend actually. Anyway, I received a notification via email of my upcoming dining reservations. I thought and I guess assumed that when I canceled my trip reservation that my dining reservations would automatically be canceled too. I guess I was wrong. I went on My Disney Experience and they were all still there so I have to cancel all of them. I suppose it is a good thing I did or I probably would have been charged on my credit card for not showing up. Personally, I don't like that policy but I know Disney has a good reason.

2. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

There is nothing linking your dining reservations to your resort reservations.

What if you cancelled your Disney resort reservation to stay in an off-site hotel? I'm sure you wouldn't be happy that all of your carefully-planned dining reservations went away, too.

-Rob

bee and lilclerk like this.
  3. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

Yes, you made your reservations for a table with the individual restauraunts. That has no connection to the trip reservation, its a separate transaction.

4. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

Or a discount was released that had you switch resorts, and they had to do a cancel and rebook of the resort reservation?

bee, lilclerk and Rob562 like this.
  5. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

You know what they say when folks "assume"