CANCELLING JUNE 15-23 TRIP WHAT IS DISNEY DOING FOR GUESS?

couchpotatooo

Has anybody heard what Disney may or may not being doing for guest who had their vacation cancelled. We were suppose to be going June 15-23 but know that not going to happen. I know Disney at one time was giving Free dining and room discounts but they quit that. Does anybody know what they are offering us to rebook our visit??? Will probably wait till after the new year to rebook. If were going to shell all this money we want everything up running as normal as possible. Thanks

Ghostdog

We had to cancel our April trip and received free dining if we rebooked; which we did for August. Yesterday I cancelled our August trip because we’re just not ready go back yet with all the virus concerns. I doubt they will offer any kind of promo for cancellations going forward due to the state of things. They have done away with FP, extra magic hours and Dining Plans as of now. Until the virus is gone the Disney experiences we all know and love will be completely different.

Upvote 0

Rob562

We had to cancel our April trip and received free dining if we rebooked; which we did for August. Yesterday I cancelled our August trip because we’re just not ready go back yet with all the virus concerns. I doubt they will offer any kind of promo for cancellations going forward due to the state of things. They have done away with FP, extra magic hours and Dining Plans as of now. Until the virus is gone the Disney experiences we all know and love will be completely different.

They haven't "done away with" FastPasses. They've turned off the ability to make *new* ones until they hammer out the details of park attendance, capacity and reservations. All indications are that it's a temporary step, just like stopping the ability to make new hotel and dining reservations.

-Rob

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Its a wait and see game. Disney will be watching how the numbers stack up and if and when it looks like people arent booking and money isnt coming in, like in the past probably will offer the same make a choice of room discount or free dining. I'd like to see the figures of just how many rebookings are made versus straight out canceling they get either because folks dont want to chance going back yet, they have more need for the money, or they no longer see the value in the trip to a lesser Disney experience.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

They haven't "done away with" FastPasses. They've turned off the ability to make *new* ones until they hammer out the details of park attendance, capacity and reservations. All indications are that it's a temporary step, just like stopping the ability to make new hotel and dining reservations.

-Rob

Correction to my wording “done away with”...they have suspended FP, dining plans, extra magic hours until the end of September. So during that time any FP or dining reservations you currently have will be/have been removed from your reservation.

Upvote 0

crawale

Has anybody heard what Disney may or may not being doing for guest who had their vacation cancelled. We were suppose to be going June 15-23 but know that not going to happen. I know Disney at one time was giving Free dining and room discounts but they quit that. Does anybody know what they are offering us to rebook our visit??? Will probably wait till after the new year to rebook. If were going to shell all this money we want everything up running as normal as possible. Thanks
They are offering nothing. Probably raise the rates on rooms and tickets. Even if you have a reservation at a Disney hotel this year there is no guarantee you can get into the parks. Masks on two year old. The rest of Florida has not gone as crazy as Disney with their retrictions.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Correction to my wording “done away with”...they have suspended FP, dining plans, extra magic hours until the end of September. So during that time any FP or dining reservations you currently have will be/have been removed from your reservation.

Yeah, I see there was a release from Disney last night that I didn't pick up on this morning before I posted. All cancelled now (though likely preserved somewhere so Disney can offer automated options to guests while getting them in the new system)

-Rob

Upvote 0

MissViv

I'm not sure all of the dining will be open at Disney during this first Phase. Here in TN they have opened restaurants for dine in but most remain closed. All fast foods can open with limited capacity but they are still staying with drive thru only.

We are choosing to not dine in restaurants since they are saying it is high risk to eat inside. Not sure about my reservation in October just watching everything closely.

Upvote 0

crawale

So they are letting us know that we may not be able to go to the Parks even with an AP. Personally I do not want to sit in my hotel room all day or spend the day masked in the hotel.

Upvote 0

giantgolfer

So they are letting us know that we may not be able to go to the Parks even with an AP. Personally I do not want to sit in my hotel room all day or spend the day masked in the hotel.

I read their statement like anyone with a Disney resort reservation AND park admission will be given first priority for the new reservation system. It’s the people that only have APs without a resort reservation that may have issues.

Upvote 0

crawale

I read their statement like anyone with a Disney resort reservation AND park admission will be given first priority for the new reservation system. It’s the people that only have APs without a resort reservation that may have issues.
It still doesn't guarantee you can go to the park of your choice or even more than one park a day.

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Yeah I will probably wait and see what they offer for the future and hope by then things are looking better my wife doesn't want to spend all that money and have lots of things still not operating like normal Disney. Shows, Parades, Fireworks, Characters, and all the little extra's that makes Disney so special to us.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

It still doesn't guarantee you can go to the park of your choice or even more than one park a day.
That's the issue for me. My group definitely wants 2 days at MK. We have one early to bed person, (who is not so keen on Ak) and the others would like to park hop in the evening.

We shall see.....

Upvote 0

DVCakaCarlF

I had my original dates moved and, not only did I get my room changed, I got upgraded by a great CM to a water bungalow!

That being said, my only access to the parks will be of AP preview days are suddenly announced.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom