Cancelled Monthly Payment Annual Passes

dsnygrl86

Original Poster
Hi! I was just curious if anyone has seen a refund for the month of March and for August? I opted to cancel our monthly payment passes and was worried because our DisneyExperience app still shows them as active until the beginning of February of next year. However, I was told my multiple cast members that they are indeed cancelled. Luckily, my payment didn’t come out and it normally would have by yesterday, but I am now wondering about the refunds....

Epcotfan21

Hi! I was just curious if anyone has seen a refund for the month of March and for August? I opted to cancel our monthly payment passes and was worried because our DisneyExperience app still shows them as active until the beginning of February of next year. However, I was told my multiple cast members that they are indeed cancelled. Luckily, my payment didn’t come out and it normally would have by yesterday, but I am now wondering about the refunds....
Refunds won’t be credited back till sometime mid September.

nokahoma

Bit of a weird situation: I cancelled my pass via the email they sent out in July. It's still showing active in MDE, as with everybody else. I want to do a one-off trip in September or October though. Is it even possible to buy a park ticket when your MDE still shows an active AP? I'm worried if I try it will somehow reactivate my pass. I don't intend on going back again so I have no need for an AP until things settle back down.

chama1

We're still trying to cancel an annual pass for a dear friend, who had a stroke and will no longer be able to go. I've called, filled forms, rec'd confirmation of cancellation but Disney still keep taking the monies out of his acct. Poor dear even went to the Guest Svc place at Disney Spring showed them the confirmation, they went through the motions again...so now he has to wait to see if next month to see if the monies are taken out again...and I don't think they will refund all those months that we've been trying to cancel....So sad

NelleBelle

Call his bank and tell them to stop that auto-payment. We found out that when we “cancelled” our ADT security when they sold our acct to another security company, and we ourselves had moved, this new security company had been taking money out of our checking acct for over 10 years. We informed our bank and they put a stop on all the withdraws from that company (which was extremely difficult since they changed their name and phone number every month. Our bank went back for years and tracked the amounts similar and refunded and filed fraud charge). I’m not saying that your friend’s bank will refund the past money (although depending on the bank, they might depending on when you asked for the charges to stop) or file fraud charges. Very sad situation for your friend. Hope they have a good recovery!

MickeyLuv'r

Yikes! In that case, I think I would have just closed that account. Both are good examples of why I've never been eager to use auto-pay.

Otherwise, I was just posting to say I received a check a few days ago.

My AP was fully paid. When I bought it, I used a mix of CC and Disney gift cards. I was careful to ask if a check could be issued, instead of trying to credit the gift cards.

I don't recall exactly when I called to ask about it, but I think it was around the time the parks re-opened.

chama1

Call his bank and tell them to stop that auto-payment. We found out that when we “cancelled” our ADT security when they sold our acct to another security company, and we ourselves had moved, this new security company had been taking money out of our checking acct for over 10 years. We informed our bank and they put a stop on all the withdraws from that company (which was extremely difficult since they changed their name and phone number every month. Our bank went back for years and tracked the amounts similar and refunded and filed fraud charge). I’m not saying that your friend’s bank will refund the past money (although depending on the bank, they might depending on when you asked for the charges to stop) or file fraud charges. Very sad situation for your friend. Hope they have a good recovery!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom