Canada Pavilion Beaver Tails

jbcool77

Original Poster
I am sure that this topic was covered years back, but I remember fondly, as a teenager, those delicious beaver tails sold in a kiosk at the Canada Pavilion in Epcot. Does anyone know what happened to it? When it left? If it will ever come back?

jaklgreen

They have been gone for I would say about 19-20 years. They stopped before I had kids and my oldest is almost 17. They were very good but then in order to be "healthier" they started baking them instead of frying. Well after that the sales dropped because they were gross. Then within a year or 2 it closed down.

Polydweller

Ok, the real story. Beavertails is a Canadian company and still active and popular up here. The company and Disney could not come to a financial agreement to operate in Epcot and the company decided it was not viable. So in 2005, might have been late 2004, they ceased operations at Disney but have expanded in Canada. They have not changed their cooking methods.

Will they return? No one knows and there is nothing indicating a return in the near turn but it's always possible if the operation can be made viable. I wouldn't hold my breath.

jaklgreen

Ok, the real story. Beavertails is a Canadian company and still active and popular up here. The company and Disney could not come to a financial agreement to operate in Epcot and the company decided it was not viable. So in 2005, might have been late 2004, they ceased operations at Disney but have expanded in Canada. They have not changed their cooking methods.

Will they return? No one knows and there is nothing indicating a return in the near turn but it's always possible if the operation can be made viable. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Umm yes they did start to bake the beaver tails instead of frying them at the Canada pavilion. The company still fries them but back then they did go to baking them in a little oven in the shack. I remember because it was a big favorite of mine and we always got several each trip. At first you would order one and they would fry it to order. Then towards the end they had them pre-made and would just heat them up in the table top oven. They were gross like that. I have a very good memory about my food, thank you very much.

GVentola

This thread is making me hungry! I remember those Beaver Tails. Once, I walked the length of the Epcot parking lot instead of taking the tram. (I usually do that now, but back then it was a big step.) I promised myself as a reward a Beaver Tail. But when I got to Canada, the Beaver Tail cart was gone! Oh, the tragedy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom