Canada Martin Short 360: worst film on property

spectrodanny

While I'll miss Martin Short in the new version, the version of the theme song, eh, not as much, too "pop"-ish for me compared to the original. Interesting fact about the original version of the song , the vocals we heard from '82-'07 were only intended to be DEMOS:

The Empress Lilly

Both O’Canadas, this Saturday
Oh no.

You just broke my heart. :'(

I had a plane ticket for WDW yesterday, but had to let it go (no refund either) because I couldn't make it. I had fastpasses and all for a day planned in EPCOT Saturday. But now I only fly in on Sunday.

If only I had known. I literally would've bought a plane ticket for O'Canada to begin with.

I'm a broken man. :'(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh no.

You just broke my heart. :'(

I had a plane ticket for WDW yesterday, but had to let it go (no refund either) because I couldn't make it. I had fastpasses and all for a day planned in EPCOT Saturday. But now I only fly in on Sunday.

If only I had known. I literally would've bought a plane ticket for O'Canada to begin with.

I'm a broken man. :'(
Not in the park. On t’interweb.

geekza

Not that my or my wife's opinions are worth more than anyone else's, but we both quite enjoyed the current film when we saw it last week. It's dated, sure, but still has some lovely photography and Martin Short seems like a decent fellow, I must say. I have always loved the Circlevision films, mostly because I'm a fan of film tech, but I wasn't sure how Jen would take to it. Turned out that she loved it. To each their own.

The Empress Lilly

I saw this version of Oh Canada for the first time on Thanksgiving.. ...and unless one pays me $50+ to watch it again or I need quick shelter from a hurricane or air raid I won't ever go back in: lousy outdated film and the narration is less entertaining than standing in line at the Dept of Motor Vehicles.......head shaking bad. I was thinking Pauly Shore might be the most annoying "entertainer" but then here comes Martin Short.
I love the Canada movie and song so much, even the current short version, that I've done it and finally fulfilled the age old dream it instilled in me of setting foot on Canadian soil!
That's one small step for mankind, one giant leap for me!

I'm writing this with a really rather lovely Tim Horton coffee in reach (what's a Starbucks!?), hockey on the tv, and O Canada playing in my head. ♡

20181212_175533.jpg

geekza

I love the Canada movie and song so much, even the current short version, that I've done it and finally fulfilled the age old dream it instilled in me of setting foot on Canadian soil!
That's one small step for mankind, one giant leap for me!

I'm writing this with a really rather lovely Tim Horton coffee in reach (what's a Starbucks!?), hockey on the tv, and O Canada playing in my head. ♡

View attachment 332906
Enjoy your lifetime journey on the planet Earth! CANADA...MY CANADA.... (I also have had that song stuck in my brain for decades.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom