Canada Martin Short 360: worst film on property

Damon7777

Original Poster
I saw this version of Oh Canada for the first time on Thanksgiving.. ...and unless one pays me $50+ to watch it again or I need quick shelter from a hurricane or air raid I won't ever go back in: lousy outdated film and the narration is less entertaining than standing in line at the Dept of Motor Vehicles.......head shaking bad. I was thinking Pauly Shore might be the most annoying "entertainer" but then here comes Martin Short.

Last edited:

Damon7777

Original Poster
Why do we need a known figure to tout Canada? To add credence?!

"good thing Short was here to tell me how wonderful the place is because if it were narrated by an unknown voice then there is no way I would ever visit"

People are just to dum I guess

Damon7777

Original Poster
Because he’s entertaining and apparently loves his country.

Entertaining to an alec, yes.

And millions of other Canadians love their country too but I guess they didn't offer up Academy award level performances in the greatest film of all time like the "Three Amigos"

eliza61nyc

The films are just old and outdated. I actually love the idea of a film on the nations but for the love of God why can't we get an update. all of them Canada, China, France, all need a reboot imo.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Entertaining to an alec, yes.

And millions of other Canadians love their country too but I guess they didn't offer up Academy award level performances in the greatest film of all time like the "Three Amigos"

Ok. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Sorry you didn’t like it.

JIMINYCR

I'm not a real Martin Short fan, but I dont mind the film. Its the only thing going for the pavilion at this point. Disney has cast him in many other projects as acting and voice roles so they have a history with him. The price is probably right and hes popular enough with many people to warrant bringing him back for the updated film representing the country. IMHO they could have done worse... (Jim Carrey) See, no matter who they choose for the role, theres going to be people who dislike the choice.

Damon7777

Original Poster
I'm not a real Martin Short fan, but I dont mind the film. Its the only thing going for the pavilion at this point. Disney has cast him in many other projects as acting and voice roles so they have a history with him. The price is probably right and hes popular enough with many people to warrant bringing him back for the updated film representing the country. IMHO they could have done worse... (Jim Carrey) See, no matter who they choose for the role, theres going to be people who dislike the choice.

I think it's safe to say that you completely missed my big point.

My smaller point is that Short and the script in this attraction are painful and cringworthy.
The main point is why do we need ANY known to narrate in the first place.
My God the subject here is the splendors and sights of Canada, not a platform for a 2nd tier forgotten actor to embarrass us and attempt to dominate the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom