Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

Lilofan

They could always bring back "Beaver Tails". My fat *** will not complain.

View attachment 569597

Beaver-Tails-Kiosk.jpg
24 years ago in Epcot /Canada and I still miss the outdoor place that sold the sugary goodness.

jpinkc

Kinda like when they Killed the Lumberjack shows, my kids loved them and were quite surprised when I told them they were gone. I thought it was a fun show. Maybe Disney thinks Canada is too close to home for us to be interested in?

castlecake2.0

Did anyone else feel like far and wide felt way too much like something you'd see on Nat Geo or Discovery? It really pulled me out of the experience, especially with the maps. I surprisingly liked the Martin Short version better, as cheesy as it was.
I loved Marty’s version, but really like this new update. I can see what you’re saying with the map, but can see the benefit of it to give guests a bit of an idea of where all these places are that they’re seeing.

castlecake2.0

It is just temporary.

The canoe was likely removed because some parts of it were beginning to separate and fall apart. Hopefully being repaired and will return.
The whole scene was removed though and replaced with apple props. I get that it’s just seasonal, the point is though that the Canada pavilion is currently a beer cart, a merch wagon, and a tiny restaurant. It now holds the distinction of being the only pavilion to have more things close than reopen in the last year. I will be sure to stop by guest relations every visit to let them know my disappointment.

castlecake2.0

Don't fret! You can enjoy all the other world class attractions. Like the giant pile of dirt that is the hub of the park, or Journey Into Your Imagination Of Budget Cuts! Epcot has so much to offer!
I was there yesterday and with no festival operating it really shows what a disaster the park has become. I know it’s in a flux right now, I get that. But they aren’t helping the situation by closing more things.

castlecake2.0

It is just temporary.

The canoe was likely removed because some parts of it were beginning to separate and fall apart. Hopefully being repaired and will return.
Was there ever any discussion as alternatives to taking the Canada theatre?

Also is there any ever discussion of how “closed” everything is in that pavilion? It really seems they just have no care or direction for this space. I’m not trying to constantly complain, it’s just so disappointing that leadership just seems ok with all of this.

peter11435

The whole scene was removed though and replaced with apple props. I get that it’s just seasonal, the point is though that the Canada pavilion is currently a beer cart, a merch wagon, and a tiny restaurant. It now holds the distinction of being the only pavilion to have more things close than reopen in the last year. I will be sure to stop by guest relations every visit to let them know my disappointment.
I know. I was saying that the canoe was falling apart and needed work. So it makes sense to remove it to refurbish while other props are placed for the food and wine festival.

I agree that Canada needs help

SoFloMagic

Of course not. It was a thinly veiled poke at the disdain current management show to those paying ever increasing admission fees.
There is so little to do in epcot right now. It's kind of crazy. They were leaning so hard on flower and garden for entertainment and food that without the kiosks open there's almost literally nothing to eat.

I was there the other night and any open bar carts had lines 20 deep. On a Wednesday.

Edit: current mobile order offerings are regal eagle, fish and chips, and a pretzel. Something like 7 entrees total between them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-111758_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710-111758_Disney World.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom