Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Blog Mickey and other sites are reporting the Canada Far & Wide is closing June 27, 2021 - at least August 3rd. Hopefully it's a mistake with the calendar, but they report it's been showing like this for awhile. The show isn't listed under refurbishment, just closed. Anyone know why?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I really like the Far & Wide show, my only gripe is that it moves too fast, but I understand. I really did not know there was a Canadian desert.

Heppenheimer

A thought from someone who worked as a projectionist 3 decades ago... if they're still using film projectors, these devices need a ton of maintenance to keep them operational, and we all know what Team Disney's attitude towards maintenance has been lately. It wouldn't surprise me if they need to do a big refurbishment, or perhaps even switch to digital projectors.

peter11435

A thought from someone who worked as a projectionist 3 decades ago... if they're still using film projectors, these devices need a ton of maintenance to keep them operational, and we all know what Team Disney's attitude towards maintenance has been lately. It wouldn't surprise me if they need to do a big refurbishment, or perhaps even switch to digital projectors.
They are already digital

castlecake2.0

My though is it might relate to refurbishing the canyon area. They did a half touch up to the waterfall and around to the exit area a few years ago, but the area around the entrance is in rough shape, along with several trees needing replaced and also potentially replacing the wooden bridge. Previously they have done work and just made people enter through the exit so not sure why they couldn’t again. As someone else said it could also be for a food and wine venue but I can’t see them taking it offline for that long for that reason, would make more sense to use China since it’s the older film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom