Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

Anteater

Yep. Next year. Spent the last 2 days pricing it all up and a crash course education.

We’ve Paris coming up in a few weeks. Then a paid in 2019 Orlando trip.

But £227 a night rack rate for a sea view balcony room at the Grand Floridian Hong Kong. Direct flights are daily and annual passes are less than 3 day tickets at Orlando rack rates.

Only a covid resurgence will stop us.
Hope to hear reports from both parks from you when you get back. I'd like to do those parks too. Don't know how much the language barrier would be. I hate being that American...

Brian Noble

Hong Kong is quite navigable for those of us who only speak English. 150-odd years as a British colony will do that.

Paris is a little trickier, but making even a poor attempt at a few words of French can go a long way.

Shanghai is even more interesting. Most of the signage is dual-language, but some folks who live there do not speak any English at all---most notably, the taxi drivers. And, most of the on-the-fly translation services (e.g. Google Translate) are only so helpful. On the bright side, the restaurant menus in tourist zones are often pictograms, so you can just point at what looks good.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

But £227 a night rack rate for a sea view balcony room at the Grand Floridian Hong Kong. Direct flights are daily and annual passes are less than 3 day tickets at Orlando rack rates.

I had a sea view corner room, though it did not have a balcony.

Fantastic view and proper Disney/Victorian theme inside and throughout the property. There's a pathway leading from the hotel to the park. I imagine you'd like it very much.

Kevin_W

Yep. Next year. Spent the last 2 days pricing it all up and a crash course education.

We’ve Paris coming up in a few weeks. Then a paid in 2019 Orlando trip.

Only a covid resurgence will stop us.

I recently priced that out as well. If you are doing a 2-4 day trip, Japan, France, Hong Kong, and DL all are cheaper than WDW unless you can drive to the Florida parks.

UNCgolf

I recently priced that out as well. If you are doing a 2-4 day trip, Japan, France, Hong Kong, and DL all are cheaper than WDW unless you can drive to the Florida parks.

If I had to fly to get to WDW I'd probably never go. I still don't go often as is because there are too many other things to do/see in the world, but it definitely saves quite a bit if money to be able to drive there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It costs less to do nothing.
BOOM sauce.

If nobody demands, don’t give

1651672857748.jpeg

aladdin2007

I don't think the current CEO, parks head, their immediate predecessors, and TDO could display more open contempt for EPCOT without explicitly saying it. They hate this place.
They actually love it for what they are raking in in drinking sales, but the love stops there. When attractions like Canada's circlevision starts being shuttered for yet more and more booze, there's a problem.

disneyC97

I saw the F&W setup there last July and it was odd and not very busy. Doesn’t need to take up all that space and close an attraction for several months.

Brian Noble

My biggest concern about HK (and PRC) is that the Covid travel rules are constantly changing, and rarely clear. As long as the central govt. is pursuing a zero-covid strategy, it's more risk than I'd be willing to take on to travel there.

But, I will confess that my 10-year PRC visa is burning a hole in my pocket, and I'd love to go back...

I am also seriously considering DLRP for my daughter's spring break week in March '23. It will be chilly, but would still be great fun. Depends on if I can snag a week at the Marriott VC resort there...

The Empress Lilly

Hong Kong here we come.

Seriously.
Ooh...nice! Do give Shanghai a try too, sometime. It's much easier than might appear. China is a very convenient country to travel through, safe beyond comparison, and spellbindingly gorgeous. And Shanghai Disneyland is better than it gets credit for.

It does take a special kind of nasty contempt for your product and your customers alike, when you manage to force away people who would throw their life's savings at you and whose love for your product helps define who they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom