Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

peter11435

Why not clean out the hotel and use that space for a food and wine venue and have a “new” space and keep the attraction operational.

edit: not attacking you, just don’t understand how this is thought to be good for the guest by removing an attraction

The hotel is a very small space that would not really be functional for this use. Plus it has some access and egress issues.

Little Green Men

By taking an attraction that a very small percentage of Epcot guests experience and temporarily repurposing the space for something that a very large percentage of Epcot guests will utilize. Again it is temporary and it is not something that is going to become a recurring trend.
Do you know for a fact the film will return?

peter11435

Ok I’ll compromise, turn hotel into a gallery showcasing Canadian art while movie is the Apple juice bar
I would love to see that. It would be great to see that space used as an art gallery

Although per WDI/park operations the Butchart Gardens tribute is intended to be that pavilions equivalent of a gallery

doctornick

By taking an attraction that a very small percentage of Epcot guests experience and temporarily repurposing the space for something that a very large percentage of Epcot guests will utilize. Again it is temporary and it is not something that is going to become a recurring trend.

But the festivals are going on the majority of the year in Epcot. That would mean this film ends up being a seasonable/limited time attraction.

I guess it is not possible to run the film during the week and use it as an event space on weekends when F&W is busier?

castlecake2.0

I would love to see that. It would be great to see that space used as an art gallery

Although per WDI/park operations the Butchart Gardens tribute is intended to be that pavilions equivalent of a gallery
Hmmmm I could see that if they added more information about the plants and trees and if they’re native to Canada. It’s a shame they just continue to ignore the hotel, it really wouldn’t take much to open it as a gallery, they just gotta get all the junk out of it that le cellier has been hoarding up there.

peter11435

Hmmmm I could see that if they added more information about the plants and trees and if they’re native to Canada. It’s a shame they just continue to ignore the hotel, it really wouldn’t take much to open it as a gallery, they just gotta get all the junk out of it that le cellier has been hoarding up there.
I agree. A lot of additional information could and should be added to the garden. Not only about the plants themselves but the history of the real gardens.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I agree. A lot of additional information could and should be added to the garden. Not only about the plants themselves but the history of the real gardens.
Do they usual the Millennium Village tent at all for W&D? I don't think it's ever been open while I've been there or maybe it doesn't have that welcome vibe to it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Do they usual the Millennium Village tent at all for W&D? I don't think it's ever been open while I've been there or maybe it doesn't have that welcome vibe to it.
I know for the Art Festival and Flower and Garden they have used it. The Arts festival used it for seminars and F&G used it for for Food and Beverage areas.

castlecake2.0

It would be safe to say that the international college program cast of Canada are no longer needed.
Canada actually uses Cultural Representatives, not international college program(different visa requirements and lengths and other things) Food & Bev needs about 40 to operate, the film and merch 10 each, so they’ll still be needed when the program returns.

jt04

Maybe they can use the downtime to do an in-depth survey for a seamless replacement as was once rumored. The pavilion definitely needs to be enhanced in some way to be more popular.

castlecake2.0

Maybe they can use the downtime to do an in-depth survey for a seamless replacement as was once rumored. The pavilion definitely needs to be enhanced in some way to be more popular.
I feel the stairs is what killed this pavilion. No one wants to walk up stairs, so they slowly moved more things to the promenade while closing things upstairs and now we are going to be left with literally nothing to do between the promenade and the back of the pavilion. That’s why I keep suggesting a gallery in the hotel, really how expensive could that be to throw together? Give people something to look at after climbing all those stairs other than closed buildings and a view of the top of the beach club behind the dead trees on top of the mountain.

jt04

I feel the stairs is what killed this pavilion. No one wants to walk up stairs, so they slowly moved more things to the promenade while closing things upstairs and now we are going to be left with literally nothing to do between the promenade and the back of the pavilion. That’s why I keep suggesting a gallery in the hotel, really how expensive could that be to throw together? Give people something to look at after climbing all those stairs other than closed buildings and a view of the top of the beach club behind the dead trees on top of the mountain.

Absolutely. The location should make it a huge crowd eater. But newbies don't see anything that draws them in. And experienced guests aren't compelled to revisit a half baked 360° film.

It needs at least a genuine 360 film. Preferably seamless. Plus other things to do. It has become the antithesis of the France pavilion. And now that we know Disney has 100% creative control it is reasonable to expect a higher standard. IMO.

castlecake2.0

Absolutely. The location should make it a huge crowd eater. But newbies don't see anything that draws them in. And experienced guests aren't compelled to revisit a half baked 360° film.

It needs at least a genuine 360 film. Preferably seamless. Plus other things to do. It has become the antithesis of the France pavilion. And now that we know Disney has 100% creative control it is reasonable to expect a higher standard. IMO.
Might want to share those sentiments with guest relations so they’re not always hearing it from me. I don’t need them to spend a billion dollars, just make the pavilion worth while instead of letting it rot.
I don’t want things to always have to be a bar, but that might be what is needed to draw people up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom