Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ooh...nice! Do give Shanghai a try too, sometime. It's much easier than might appear. China is a very convenient country to travel through, safe beyond comparison, and spellbindingly gorgeous. And Shanghai Disneyland is better than it gets credit for.

It does take a special kind of nasty contempt for your product and your customers alike, when you manage to force away people who would throw their life's savings at you and whose love for your product helps define who they are.
Thank you. We’re planning a long Hong Kong trip to treat it more like a true vacation, staying in an on the edge of the sea, nice hotel that so happens to have a theme park next door and a city to see nearby. I did contemplate adding Shanghai too but we’ve decided to save that for next time and put the budget into HK - and to be honest HKDL appeals more. Even though we’re Paris veterans HKDL also seems like a good way to dip our toes into the Asian parks.

And of course we will ensure everything is refundable. Just in case.

EricsBiscuit

Yep. Next year. Spent the last 2 days pricing it all up and a crash course education.

We’ve Paris coming up in a few weeks. Then a paid in 2019 Orlando trip.

But £227 a night rack rate for a sea view balcony room at the Grand Floridian Hong Kong. Direct flights are daily and annual passes are less than 3 day tickets at Orlando rack rates.

Only a covid resurgence will stop us.
Is it safe to travel to China? Hopefully it will be better in the next couple years but my nightmare is going and then being locked down.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it safe to travel to China? Hopefully it will be better in the next couple years but my nightmare is going and then being locked down.
It reopened last month. But we won’t be going for over a year. To be honest I’d feel safer there than in Orlando at the moment. We travelled to Disneyland Paris 3 times during pandemic restrictions so we’re kind of used to it. By middle of next year I’d imagine by then the planet has determined to live with and cope with covid - it should be an endemic by then.

Rest assured we’re doing a lot of homework with this one.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

It reopened last month. But we won’t be going for over a year. To be honest I’d feel safer there than in Orlando at the moment. We travelled to Disneyland Paris 3 times during pandemic restrictions so we’re kind of used to it. By middle of next year I’d imagine by then the planet has determined to live with and cope with covid - it should be an endemic by then.

Rest assured we’re doing a lot of homework with this one.
You would feel safer in communist China than in Orlando? Is there something I am unaware of in Orlando? Lol

Edit: I have been to SDL in 2017, when the climate in China was cooler politically. Now things are heating up too much between the JZ and XJ factions of the CCP for me tbh.

Lilofan

You would feel safer in communist China than in Orlando? Is there something I am unaware of in Orlando? Lol

Edit: I have been to SDL in 2017, when the climate in China was cooler politically. Now things are heating up too much between the JZ and XJ factions of the CCP for me tbh.
I see that you went. Hope you had a good time in China and they gladly took your money to support their economy.

Lilofan

Hong Kong isn’t as communist as Shanghai, but even if it was it’s not a concern. Indeed, until a few months ago it was usual for Europeans to vacation in mother Russia. Communism isn’t and wasn’t a factor. But I think we’re well off the topic of this thread now!
I can comment the food is much better across the ocean and the ethnic food in Canada is delish!

bpiper

The rushing river rapids effect/pump between the mountains heading toward the attraction entrance has been fixed after almost three years. Will try to get video later.
Wasn't there a refurb of the mountain about 3 years ago? Was it running before that? I wonder if it was turned off for the refurb and someone just found it and said, "This switch is off, I wonder what happens if I turn it on?!". :)

Jrb1979

The rushing river rapids effect/pump between the mountains heading toward the attraction entrance has been fixed after almost three years. Will try to get video later.
Meh. Means little in the grand scheme of things. There is much things that needs fixing over some waterfalls. Dinosaur being one of them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wasn't there a refurb of the mountain about 3 years ago? Was it running before that? I wonder if it was turned off for the refurb and someone just found it and said, "This switch is off, I wonder what happens if I turn it on?!". :)
airplane plug oops.gif

castlecake2.0

It was working after that, I think it was during the pandemic reopening it broke. The pump needed replaced and I thought that would be its fate, but this week there was a team working on it and is now fixed. It’s a small victory but I’ll take it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom