Can you walk from OKW to POFQ?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The title says it all. :)

Can you walk from Old Key West to PO: French Quarter? I don't remember if there's a sidewalk along the road that the PO resorts are on, but I know we'd have to cross the street at OKW.

The reason - someone in our family wants chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast one morning, and we've found you can only get them at Value/Moderate resort food courts.

RonAnnArbor

Well...there is no direct answer to this except you can try...

Here is a photo map of the walkway between the two:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...536434&spn=0.002242,0.003787&t=k&om=1&iwloc=A

Note that this is an unmarked pathway and is used only by cast members. It might even be gated shut at this point. It connects directly from across the street from the entrance to OKW and the parking lot of POFQ.

There are no other sidewalks that connect the two. I guess you can take a look when you get there - but I have not heard of anyone actually doing this.

All I can say is, you have a true craving for pancakes. I have not found anything at WDW worth going out of the way for...but to each their own.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Well...there is no direct answer to this except you can try...

Here is a photo map of the walkway between the two:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...536434&spn=0.002242,0.003787&t=k&om=1&iwloc=A

Note that this is an unmarked pathway and is used only by cast members. It might even be gated shut at this point. It connects directly from across the street from the entrance to OKW and the parking lot of POFQ.

There are no other sidewalks that connect the two. I guess you can take a look when you get there - but I have not heard of anyone actually doing this.

All I can say is, you have a true craving for pancakes. I have not found anything at WDW worth going out of the way for...but to each their own.

It appears that this is the bus entrance, not the main guest entrance. That is further east, with guard shack. The bus entrance indeed is gated but you certainly could probably walk through it. In fact, this entrance is just up from where my room was back in the summer.

Better off just getting in a car, if you have one. If not, it would be easier to forget about the pancakes!
:lookaroun

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

That's not the bus entrance! You are referring to the highway and the paved road which IS the bus and car entrance -- I am referring to the pathway (it's a gravel path, not a road) that is centered in the map.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

A cab would definately be the preferred way to go. The resorts are further apart than they look on the map or photo.

But more importantly, WDW doesn't allow you to walk anywhere they have not authorized - meaning you could well be in for a quick trip in a security car to your destination if they see you walking on the side of the highway, and a stern warning that it is not permitted - along with a cabride back to OKW anyway.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Boat?

If you're really adventurous, you could always take boat transportation to Downtown Disney and then on to POFQ. Or even better, rent one!

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I don't think that is going to help the OP -- they wanted to go for breakfast pancakes -- the boats don't start running until 11:00 -- similarly, I do not believe they rent boats in the early morning either.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Here's a simple solution: Sign up for Donald's Breakfastosauras in AK. they have choc. chip pancakes and you just take the bus to AK from OKW. no problem!! lol. enjoy.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

If you *need* to go to OKW for pancakes, I would suggest renting a cab. I wouldn't recommend anyone walking along the roads in WDW and I'm sure Disney wouldn't either :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom