Can you still visit resorts to grab food?

DonaldDoleWhip

Quick question for those who've been hitting the parks and resorts lately - we're down in Orlando for a week but staying off-property for a few days, before moving to the Swan for 2 nights.

Are you still able to park at a resort (like Art of Animation or Wilderness Lodge) to grab a quick service meal? Not sure how strict the last few months have been, but I know pre-COVID this was fine (except at resorts people would use to park hop, like Boardwalk or Poly).

Thank you for the help!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I’ve been on four trips since July. The deluxe resorts are very strict and if you don’t have an ADR you will be turned away at the guard shack.

That said, if you arrive at a resort using Disney transportation (boarding a bus at Disney Springs, for example) you are free to explore and eat/drink wherever you want.

Upvote 1

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
I’ve been on four trips since July. The deluxe resorts are very strict and if you don’t have an ADR you will be turned away at the guard shack.

That said, if you arrive at a resort using Disney transportation (boarding a bus at Disney Springs, for example) you are free to explore and eat/drink wherever you want.
Thank you! Ended up going to Disney Springs tonight and picking up something from Raglan - taking Disney transit from there is a great idea.

May even make an ADR as well, just to skip some of the hassle. In either case, it feels so good to be back!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@DonaldDoleWhip I forgot to add that all QS resort restaurants are mobile order, just like in the parks. CMs are stationed outside and you cannot enter until you’ve been notified that your order is ready. (The exception being mug refills.)

Honestly the “restaurant guards” bothered me more at the resorts than in the parks. It felt very unwelcoming to be asked the reason I wanted to enter a restaurant at the resort I was paying to stay at.

Upvote 0

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
@DonaldDoleWhip I forgot to add that all QS resort restaurants are mobile order, just like in the parks. CMs are stationed outside and you cannot enter until you’ve been notified that your order is ready. (The exception being mug refills.)

Honestly the “restaurant guards” bothered me more at the resorts than in the parks. It felt very unwelcoming to be asked the reason I wanted to enter a restaurant at the resort I was paying to stay at.
Wow! I'd also be thrown off by that at first (expecting to browse, read a menu, maybe pick items from a grab-and-go case).

Good to know, though - haven't used Mobile Order at any resorts but have found it useful at spots like Satu'li Canteen or D-Luxe Burger.

Upvote 0
Quick question for those who've been hitting the parks and resorts lately - we're down in Orlando for a week but staying off-property for a few days, before moving to the Swan for 2 nights.

Are you still able to park at a resort (like Art of Animation or Wilderness Lodge) to grab a quick service meal? Not sure how strict the last few months have been, but I know pre-COVID this was fine (except at resorts people would use to park hop, like Boardwalk or Poly).

Thank you for the help!
I was thinking the same. We are staying off property, but, have dinner at Sanaa our first night in Orlando. We wanted to check out the resorts on the Skyliner when we get into town and on property and then head over to Sanaa for dinner.

We are so excited about seeing the resorts, my little boy would be happy with doing that for an entire day.

Upvote 0

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
I was thinking the same. We are staying off property, but, have dinner at Sanaa our first night in Orlando. We wanted to check out the resorts on the Skyliner when we get into town and on property and then head over to Sanaa for dinner.

We are so excited about seeing the resorts, my little boy would be happy with doing that for an entire day.
Agreed, visiting resorts is such a highlight for us. I understand making it harder to park at the monorail + Crescent Lake resorts but hope flexibility comes back to the others soon enough.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom