Can you still buy Disney Cash

rcapolete

I am going to wdw in August. As a treat i want to give my ds and dd $50 each so they can buy their own souvenirs. I did a quick search and did not find anything current on whether they still sell the Disney cash in either the Disney store in the mall or inside the resorts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

gnuts0306

I am going to wdw in August. As a treat i want to give my ds and dd $50 each so they can buy their own souvenirs. I did a quick search and did not find anything current on whether they still sell the Disney cash in either the Disney store in the mall or inside the resorts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Im almost positive you can NOT get disney dollars from malls anymore..... We always do Gift Cards from the Disney Store now and add money on to it for about a year before we go! You can get it in any amount you want though!

Looks like you may still be able to get them though......

http://disneydollars.net/

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

We bought some at the concierge at Pop in January for my nephew's birthday. When I asked the CM, his eyes kinda got wide and he said something like, "Wow, I haven't had anyone ask about those in a long time!" He asked a few people and went in back and found some. He said that they were on the way out and he didn't know how much longer they would be available. They were the 2009 ones, which makes sense since disneydollars.net says they haven't released 2010 or 2011 sets. They're pushing the gift card now... Disney dollars are going the way of the phone line modem and the floppy disk.

My advice if the Yacht Club concierge doesn't have any: try the Beach Club, try Boardwalk, etc.

***Also, since we are moving towards a cashless society, I feel I should mention that you can only do a cash-for-cash trade for Disney dollars. No charging your Disney dollars.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

If you go to Disneystore.com they have lots of different gift cards to choose from. Some are really nice, different characters, occassions, first visit ect. Disney cash is hard to find and not always in good condition because of its age.

Upvote 0

ArtieJim

Disney dollars were great. I think I still have a single from 1995 or so, I thought it was something super special and couldn't bring myself to spend it when I was younger. Kind of happy now that I never did.

Upvote 0

rcapolete

Original Poster
I saw the gift cards but i remember the first time we stayed at the Yacht club they gave me and my brothers each 5 dollars in Disney cash and i thought it was the greatest thing ever. So i was hoping to duplicate that for my kids

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom