Can you pay gratuity with a gift card?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Hi all! :wave:

If you're on the dining plan, can you pay the gratuity with a Disney Gift Card, or is it a cash/room charge only kind of deal?

Thanks in advance!

Rob562

You can use the Disney Gift Card for gratuity at any Disney owned-and-operated restaurant, which is about 95% of the restaurants on-property.

You could also use a room charge, and then use the gift card to pay-down the room charge account. (This option would work at the couple places that might be able to process a room charge but not a gift card)

-Rob

Phonedave

In a similar sort of vein.

Can you combine TIW with DDP to get a discount on the part of the bill (alcohol, apps, etc) that is not covered by the DDP.

In that case what happen with the tip. Do they automaticly add 18% onto the out of pocket portion?

-dave

DisGal

Can you combine TIW with DDP to get a discount on the part of the bill (alcohol, apps, etc) that is not covered by the DDP.

In that case what happen with the tip. Do they automaticly add 18% onto the out of pocket portion?

-dave

I was wondering the same thing. We are on the DDP this year, but we also have a TIW and would love to be able to use it.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I read yesterday that MontyMon has used his TIW on the remaining portion of his meals not covered by the DP, so it is possible. Though, I'm not sure of the tip situation. Perhaps he'll jump in here soon and clear it up.

rainfully

-dave

I would imagine that they would have to ring it up as two seperate bills, and the gratuity would only be added to the portion you pay out of pocket.

I'm also willing to bet that everywhere you go, you'll get a different answer. Dining and their rules are notoriously inconsistent.

OH... and to answer the question on the thread... yes you can pay grat with a gift card or any other form of payment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom