1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you have tattoos and work for Disney?

Discussion in 'Employment/College Program/International' started by disneydiva72, Aug 13, 2008.

1. disneydiva72

disneydiva72 New Member

I'm not moving to Orlando anytime soon, but I'm just curious because I know in the past you could not, but I was wondering if they have been lifted that rule since so many people now have them

I have 5 tats in all, but the most visable ones are the ones on my wrists.

2. maggiegrace1

maggiegrace1 Well-Known Member

You could always have tattoos if you work for Disney as long as they are completely covered up while on stage.

3. LetsGoAgain

LetsGoAgain New Member

Yes. We were stopped by a CM who was going on and on about DH's tattoo on his shoulder. When DH told him he got it done at Love Hate Tattoos (aka Miami Ink) you would have thought we told him Jesus did the tattoo. The CM went nuts and started showing DH all of his tattoos. He had a Mickey tattoo on his shoulder. I am pretty sure he said that all of his tattoos had to be covered. He wanted one on his neck but said that wouldn't fly with the "big man". The guy was a riot and we totally didn't expect him to be so.... outgoing (??).

4. Bug715

Bug715 Member

Yea they have to be covered either by your costume or the makeup that hides them.

5. One Lil Spark

One Lil Spark EPCOT Center Defender

I wonder if WDW would let me have my small, white-inked JII retro symbol tattoo on display? :drevil:

6. mkt

mkt Awesome

7. Yellow Shoes

Yellow Shoes Well-Known Member

That settles it.

I'm going to begin pushing my son into a career in dermatology, with a speciality in tattoo removal.

8. disneydiva72

disneydiva72 New Member Original Poster

I will never and would never have my tattoos removed, if any job I have is against my expression then its not a job I will be happy at.

9. mkt

mkt Awesome

Then you won't be happy at Disney.

seahawk7 likes this.
  10. dani8706

dani8706 New Member

During your interview, they would ask you if you have any tattoos that would not be covered by a one-piece bathing suit (I'm a girl, not sure what they ask guys..and no, I wasn't interviewing to be a lifeguard). Mine was totally covered so they didn't ask me any more beyond that. However, one of my roomies (in the College Program) had tattoos on both wrists, and had a role that she had to wear long sleeves every day that had tight elastic below the wrists. It really depends on your manager as to how strict you have the adhere to the Disney Look anyway.

11. rhine_paul

rhine_paul New Member

Citric acid, a syringe, and a belt sander.... Worked for me on my Legion tats. Cheap and....not so painfull.

12. One Lil Spark

One Lil Spark EPCOT Center Defender

:eek::dazzle: OUCH!

13. megan0168

megan0168 New Member

[​IMG]
    So, I'm guessing that this tattoo would need to be covered in Attractions?

14. Monty

Monty Who opened Pandora's Box? Premium Member

It would need to be covered wherever you worked in Disney. Basically, you'd be relegated to wearing long sleeves year-round and probably a coverup under the long sleeves since it's so dark.

15. seahawk7

seahawk7 Well-Known Member

As long as they are not associated with Universal Studios

wdisney9000 likes this.
  16. cat hem

cat hem Member

My DD just interviewed for the DCP and one of the first questions they asked her was if she had any tattoos. If you do they have to be coved by a one piece swimsuit.

17. tinypersistence

tinypersistence New Member

I have a tattoo that's a bit larger than the one in the picture above on my ankle. I was honest with them in my interview and they placed me in a work location where the costume covered up the tattoo, so be honest with them! It's much easier to be honest at the risk of not being hired than to be hired and have a leader catch you and possibly term you! Whenever I would pick up shifts at other locations where the costume didn't cover my tattoo, I would use a Revlon Concealer Stick to cover the tattoo and powder and blush to conceal. I knew being a Theatre major would have some use. :p

18. divanova

divanova New Member

Personally, I only have one tattoo. Its watercolor Disney tattoo of Tinkerbell on the forearm from here http://inkprofy.com/disney-tattoos/ And at work it's not welcome, that's why I covered the tattoo a little with a tonal base.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017