Can you do all of AK in one day?

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
What would be your suggested daily itinerary for AK (what’s your route around the park)? How can we fit it all in one day? Are there shows we should not miss? We have 7:30 dinner reservation as well at Tusker, so we have to fit that in as well. Thanks!!

Disneydreamer23

Well, first off do you have fast passes and which rides are they for? Are you traveling with children or adults only? After that you have to decide the shows your family wants to see, I would not miss Festival of the Lion King, also if you have children Finding Nemo is also pretty amazing to watch, I typically do 2 AK days I have 2 children. We do a show each day and then spread out the rides, they also have a bone yard play area that my kids spend an hour each day at as well, its a play ground where they can hear dinos , dig for them, and play with other children, with that in mind if you want to do Avitar I would say 2 days if you DONT have a FP for it, the line will be a while, Have a great Trip :)

DCLcruiser

Yes, it is easy. There's not much to do. If you live near a major city you can skip the Zoo type stuff.

1) Rope drop Avatar Flight of Passage (long lines all day, get it done first)
2) FP+ Na'vi River Journey (AM, about 1-2 hours after park open, so it is after FoP)
3) FP+ Kilimanjaro Safari (either early AM, or PM when the weather is cooler; the animals sleep all day in the heat)
4) FP+ Dinosaur
5) Kali River Rapids (Do this in afternoon so you dry off...I've never ridden as I don't like to get soaked haha)
6) Expedition Everest (Do not get FP+, just go to the Single Rider line...usually 5 minute wait)
7) It's Tough to be a Bug (Do not get FP+, it's a big theatre, but worth doing)
8) Rivers of Light show (Go when it will be dark out...consider a dining package so you get good seats)

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
Well, first off do you have fast passes and which rides are they for? Are you traveling with children or adults only? After that you have to decide the shows your family wants to see, I would not miss Festival of the Lion King, also if you have children Finding Nemo is also pretty amazing to watch, I typically do 2 AK days I have 2 children. We do a show each day and then spread out the rides, they also have a bone yard play area that my kids spend an hour each day at as well, its a play ground where they can hear dinos , dig for them, and play with other children, with that in mind if you want to do Avitar I would say 2 days if you DONT have a FP for it, the line will be a while, Have a great Trip :)
Thanks!! We go beginning of December. We hope to fast pass; maybe rope drop Pandora rides. We have to wait to book fast passes, but fingers crossed. We are a party of 8. One is going to be in a motorized wheelchair, one senior, 3 adults, 2 kids (3&6). But we can only go one day this go-round. That’s awesome about the Lion King show! It looks great! I haven’t been to this park since 2003...so it’s changed a lot. Thanks for your advice. It really helps.

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
Yes, it is easy. There's not much to do. If you live near a major city you can skip the Zoo type stuff.

1) Rope drop Avatar Flight of Passage (long lines all day, get it done first)
2) FP+ Na'vi River Journey
3) FP+ Kilimanjaro Safari (either early AM, or PM when the weather is cooler; the animals sleep all day in the heat)
4) FP+ Dinosaur
5) Kali River Rapids (Do this in afternoon so you dry off...I've never ridden as I don't like to get soaked haha)
6) Expedition Everest (Do not get FP+, just go to the Single Rider line...usually 5 minute wait)
7) It's Tough to be a Bug (Do not get FP+, it's a big theatre, but worth doing)
8) Rivers of Light show (Go when it will be dark out)
Awesome itinerary! Thx! And good to know about not FP’ing Bug, as I almost considered it...and smart about River Rapids when it’s hot so you dry off fast. Super helpful! Thank you!!

SAV

I wouldn't spend more than 15 minutes in line for Na'Vi River Journey or waste a FP+ on it. Just go on it after Rivers of Light ends. It's been walk on when we've done that. If you can't, you really aren't missing much.

Also, If you make your FP+ reservations for early in the day(done before 1pm) you can always pick up other FP+'s as the day goes on. Not for FOP or ROL, but the other attractions are usually available. I have gotten up to 7 in a day before.

My Must Do's are Festival of the Lion King, Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage, Finding Nemo the Musical. Dinosaur may be too intense for the younger ones. The youngest may be scared in It's Tough to be a Bug. Be ready for someone to take them out. Only you will know how the kids will handle EE.

My Itinerary is usually along the lines of Get the FOP FP+ for as early as possible. Then do Safari as FP+ or Stand By if you are there at Rope Drop. Even if you have the FP+ for the Safari, check the standby line. If it isn't too long, use it and change your FP+ for something else. I try to get my FP+ for Kali around Noon. I will fit a FOLK in between there if possible since I am at that side of the park already. Once my FP+ are done, I start looking for a 4th to add. If I haven't done FOLK, I do that at the next showtime available or if a FP+ is available for it, I grab that. I then make my way to do EE as Single Rider or with the FP+ I just got. We do that a few times. Then head to Nemo and Dinosaur!. Around to ITTBAB and then just let things flow from there depending on FP+ that are available. I actually got lucky the one day and picked up a ROL FP+ at in the afternoon for the night's first show. So nothing is impossible...just keep checking througout the day.

Last edited:

DisneyWorldAventures

Original Poster
I wouldn't spend more than 15 minutes in line for Na'Vi River Journey or waste a FP+ on it. Just go on it after Rivers of Light ends. It's been walk on when we've done that. If you can't, you really aren't missing much.

Also, If you make your FP+ reservations for early in the day(done before 1pm) you can always pick up other FP+'s as the day goes on. Not for FOP or ROL, but the other attractions are usually available. I have gotten up to 7 in a day before.

My Must Do's are Festival of the Lion King, Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage, Finding Nemo the Musical. Dinosaur may be too intense for the younger ones. The youngest may be scared in It's Tough to be a Bug. Be ready for someone to take them out. Only you will know how the kids will handle EE.

My Itinerary is usually along the lines of Get the FOP FP+ for as early as possible. Then do Safari as FP+ or Stand By if you are there at Rope Drop. Even if you have the FP+ for the Safari, check the standby line. If it isn't too long, use it and change your FP+ for something else. I try to get my FP+ for Kali around Noon. I will fit a FOLK in between there if possible since I am at that side of the park already. Once my FP+ are done, I start looking for a 4th to add. If I haven't done FOLK, I do that at the next showtime available or if a FP+ is available for it, I grab that. I then make my way to do EE as Single Rider or with the FP+ I just got. We do that a few times. Then head to Nemo and Dinosaur!. Around to ITTBAB and then just let things flow from there depending on FP+ that are available. I actually got lucky the one day and picked up a ROL FP+ at in the afternoon for the night's first show. So nothing is impossible...just keep checking througout the day.
Wow! This was really helpful! What great insight and tips on how to time or out! What’s fast pass mean for ROL? Do you get a certain seating area for the show?? About what time would that show be in early December?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom