Can teenagers eat from the kids menu?

Darkseid

If you say so. We all have our own moral codes. You probably don't think speeding is breaking the law either.

It is absolutely based on an individual's moral code. Your opinion is just as right as mine is. Don't assume that my opinion has sent me down a spiral of sin and deceit. I would not enter a restaurant and attempt to make them think I'm a 10 year old just so i can save money. I wouldn't feel bad if I asked them if I could purchase a kids meal for me, an adult, and every allowed it.

Regardless of my opinion on the legality of speeding, it is not up for interpretation. The act of going into an establishment, and presenting yourself as an adult that has a small appetite is not deceitful, in my opinion. The restaurant makes the decision based on the facts presented.

Starlight67

From my experience eating from the kids menu last week multiple times, I don't think Disney is too concerned about adults ordering kids meals, at least not at counter service restaurants. After all, I only knew this was a possibility at all because the employee at Port Orleans suggested it to me. I never would have known, or even asked about it otherwise.

I can see Disney being a little more freaky at a table service restaurant, though based on the comments here it seems like sometimes it is allowed.

I do think the suggestion that was made about using the term 'smaller portions menu' instead of kids menu is a great one!

This is just a side note but I was thinking-it's funny to look back a few (or several) decades--before EVERYTHING got supersized. Back then, the average adult size portion was pretty close to the size of today's kids meals. :)

BuddyThomas

I'm so confused by this thread. XDan told us that:

"The moral high grounders should be here any minute to tell you what a dishonest thief you are if you order off the kids menu for kid over the prescribed age."

I thought that meant XDan was warning us that moral high grounders were storming the castle to shame everyone. But then XDan was the only one who shamed everyone.

Huh???

It's easy - if Disney let's you order it, order it. What is possibly the big deal about that???

Oh, well....of course we could get into the fact that kid's meals are probably the most unhealthy meals anywhere - fried foods, cheese, saturated fat, salt, etc, etc, etc - but I don't have kids and I'm definitely not passing judgement, because if I had a screeching child who wouldn't eat a spinach salad, I'd be the first one running for the chicken nuggets. ;)

Last edited:

Starlight67

Oh, well....of course we could get into the fact that kid's meals are probably the most unhealthy meals anywhere - fried foods, cheese, saturated fat, salt, etc, etc, etc -

There's truth to this for sure, but SOME attempts have been made to nutrition-up the kids meals. Apple slices and yogurt are offered as sides, along with the traditional oversalted fries (you get two sides). Of course the yogurt is more like a milkshake, not sure about the REAL nutrition there. But made me feel better than ordering a pile of fries!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'm so confused by this thread. XDan told us that:

"The moral high grounders should be here any minute to tell you what a dishonest thief you are if you order off the kids menu for kid over the prescribed age."

I thought that meant XDan was warning us that moral high grounders were storming the castle to shame everyone. But thwen XDan was the only one who shamed everyone.

Huh???

It's easy - if Disney let's you order it, order it. What is possibly the big deal about that???

Oh, well....of course we could get into the fact that kid's meals are probably the most unhealthy meals anywhere - fried foods, cheese, saturated fat, salt, etc, etc, etc - but I don't have kids and I'm definitely not passing judgement, because if I had a screeching child who wouldn't eat a spinach salad, I'd be the first one running for the chicken nuggets. ;)
I can see how it would be confusing. I am most certainly NOT a moral high grounder. You want to order off the kids menu, go nuts. You want to pop a muffin in your pocket at the buffet for later, be my guest. Wanna use your Dad's DVC member card to grab a lousy 10% discount at World of Disney, have at it. I chose this thread as a good place to make my point. There are many people on this forum who love to rush into any thread with a questionable moral line and call the OPs liars, cheats, bad parents, and so on. Meanwhile, their own moral lines are as squiggly as anyone else. The irony both infuriates and amuses me.

I chose a patently ridiculous premise to make my larger point. Maybe I coulda been more clear.

Hockey89

I can see how it would be confusing. I am most certainly NOT a moral high grounder. You want to order off the kids menu, go nuts. You want to pop a muffin in your pocket at the buffet for later, be my guest. Wanna use your Dad's DVC member card to grab a lousy 10% discount at World of Disney, have at it. I chose this thread as a good place to make my point. There are many people on this forum who love to rush into any thread with a questionable moral line and call the OPs liars, cheats, bad parents, and so on. Meanwhile, their own moral lines are as squiggly as anyone else. The irony both infuriates and amuses me.

I chose a patently ridiculous premise to make my larger point. Maybe I coulda been more clear.
You used a terrible example that didn't make sense.... That's what you did....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You used a terrible example that didn't make sense.... That's what you did....
It doesn’t make sense to you because you don’t understand the point. Which, I mean, judging from your posting history is far from surprising. You’re one of those people that I was aiming at here. Not shocking that you lack the self awareness to catch on.

Darkseid

You make a valid point.

I am kind of relieved that you didn't feel that strongly about this topic. I was starting to wonder if an adult stole your kids meal when you were a small child.

21stamps

There's truth to this for sure, but SOME attempts have been made to nutrition-up the kids meals. Apple slices and yogurt are offered as sides, along with the traditional oversalted fries (you get two sides). Of course the yogurt is more like a milkshake, not sure about the REAL nutrition there. But made me feel better than ordering a pile of fries!

The kids menu choices is one of my biggest complaints about Disney.. especially Tangerine Cafe, so we don’t order from it too often. A few places have ok choices.. the resorts have decent sandwiches and apple slices and carrots.. some park restaurants have shrimp or fish kids meals.
If only Tangerine Cafe could make a smaller portioned shawarma platter!..or at least something that’s not ‘American kid food’.

correcaminos

Grilled chicken, rice and fruit is hardly a bad meal. Not everything on the kids meal is fried foods or burgers. Many are just normal sized portions of food.

If you are talking QS, then look at the adult meals as they are often just larger portions of the food served up with fries. Most places have something good. Sorry we somewhat health conscious while on vacation even. I would never let my kids eat fried food every meal.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Clearly, this should be the kids' menu at every restaurant. ;)
Menu-Victoria-and-Alberts.jpg

whiterhino42

We have a soon to be 15 year old going with us this Spring. He's a super picky eater and will most likely want adult portions from kids menu. We all have the meal plan so whatever makes him happy right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom