Can someone break down the Ft.Wilderness DVC lodge addition?

ELG13

Original Poster
I've seen and heard so much, I've tried reading through the threads and it's Soo much info to read through. I've heard about A frames and tree house being added to the beach?! I've seen so many pictures of blocked off areas. The drone pictures make it look like it shouldnt be taking over the entire property like it is. So I feel like I'm missing something. I hate to think that the little slice of peace and quiet and tranquility we had of Disney is about to be taken over and cashed in on for it's location and view. Why can't they just leave it be? Do we really need yet another dvc lodge??

Commander Buzzy

The new resort, Reflections, is not a part of Ft. Wilderness. While it is usurping some of the Fort property, it is completely separate. Think Riviera/Caribbean Beach. It's not taking over all of the property, just part of Clementine Beach. Tri Circle D is moving across the street so the horses won't be as near to the new resort.

ELG13

Original Poster
The new resort, Reflections, is not a part of Ft. Wilderness. While it is usurping some of the Fort property, it is completely separate. Think Riviera/Caribbean Beach. It's not taking over all of the property, just part of Clementine Beach. Tri Circle D is moving across the street so the horses won't be as near to the new resort.
So I'm confused about the location of the resort. From what I've seen the resort will be to the right of ft.wilderness. The ranch was always on the left side (again this is all from the perspective of the beach) wasn't it? I get pretty turned around when I'm there. The ranch was next to the main bus stop at the front.

MMFanCipher

Reflections is going on the site that used to be River Country. The new resort will be right next to Pioneer Hall. While not a part of Fort Wilderness many people are afraid the new resort will ruin the atmosphere of the Fort. I guess only time will tell if that is true.

correcaminos

Reflections is going on the site that used to be River Country. The new resort will be right next to Pioneer Hall. While not a part of Fort Wilderness many people are afraid the new resort will ruin the atmosphere of the Fort. I guess only time will tell if that is true.
Exactly. I'm one who is not a fan. Loathe the name too (sounds like a retirement home) and even hate the lobby renderings I've seen. This DVC owner is not a fan so far ;)

ELG13

Original Poster
I've finally taken the plunge and looked at everything online. I like the design for a different location. Ft.Wilderness is about taking a step back from all things fancy....it's like summer camp but with A/C. If this resort was over by the GF or somewhere else it would work but here??? I just doesn't jive. Trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole.

ELG13

Original Poster
Will the resort use ft.wilderness amenities? Or will it have its own pool, shops, resort entrance etc???

ELG13

Original Poster
It will have it’s own amenities. Shared between the DVC and non-DVC rooms.
Well this is promising I guess. I just hope all the trees are replaced and the beach isn't blocked off from us. It was so nice to bring a cocktail, let the kids run around and watch the fireworks .

Victor Kelly

I hope they plannon expanding Trails End. It is way too popular now and was harder to get ADRs than Ohana back in my January 2015 trip.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well this is promising I guess. I just hope all the trees are replaced and the beach isn't blocked off from us. It was so nice to bring a cocktail, let the kids run around and watch the fireworks .
I would not call it promising if you like Ft Wilderness. Basically the feel of the Settlement area and view from Crockets Tavern will be crap.

ELG13

Original Poster
I would not call it promising if you like Ft Wilderness. Basically the feel of the Settlement area and view from Crockets Tavern will be crap.
I say promising in a very VERY optimistic way. I'm really hoping that once it's all said and done it wont be too much of a change. I know for the next few years it's going to be the pits but once construction is done it might be ok. I haven't seen any sketches of what the beach front will look like....have they released any?

ELG13

Original Poster
I hope they plannon expanding Trails End. It is way too popular now and was harder to get ADRs than Ohana back in my January 2015 trip.
We order ours Togo. We ordered it on a whim our last night because we really didn't want to cook in the cabin or have to go anywhere. We were all so surprised!! I'd never heard much about trails end except that it was good. We didn't expect much but we were definitely pleasantly surprised.

nickys

Premium Member
I say promising in a very VERY optimistic way. I'm really hoping that once it's all said and done it wont be too much of a change. I know for the next few years it's going to be the pits but once construction is done it might be ok. I haven't seen any sketches of what the beach front will look like....have they released any?

Well there are cabins on both the DVC side and the non-DVC side. So much of the beach will be taken up by them.

The FW beach area will be on the other side of the FW boat dock to the new resort.

Hopefully the walking path from WL to FW will re-open.

ELG13

Original Poster
Well there are cabins on both the DVC side and the non-DVC side. So much of the beach will be taken up by them.

The FW beach area will be on the other side of the FW boat dock to the new resort.

Hopefully the walking path from WL to FW will re-open.
I guess I've never paid much attention to the green space and space behind the settle where the ranch is....I didn't realize there was enough room for anything on the beach much less cabins. I mean, we've satbon the beach, the kids have run around on it plenty of times, but I guess I never really LOOKED ya know? I guess they finally realized what a great spot it was and God forbid they not capitalize on beach front property that has a firework view. I feel like such and old man but I'm gonna say it....STAY OFF MY LAWN !! 😂

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They had started beach changes when we were there in June. If you are sitting on the lake facing porch of Crockets you will see the back side of DVC cabins once the construction is complete. I believe the fort will also lose the playground adjacent to Crockets. I hope you remain optimistic. I have a feeling its in vain.

ELG13

Original Poster
They had started beach changes when we were there in June. If you are sitting on the lake facing porch of Crockets you will see the back side of DVC cabins once the construction is complete. I believe the fort will also lose the playground adjacent to Crockets. I hope you remain optimistic. I have a feeling its in vain.
Ugh. Why in the heck would they do that??? That's saying that those cabins are more important than Crocketts but like I said earlier, the realized they were "wasting" a good piece of lakefront property and we know that having a nice view from a nice, public porch, isn't nearly as valuable as a nice view from a several thousand dollar a night cabin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom