Can one still walk through Cinderellas Castle?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thought I read its open in morning hours then shut for afternoon shows through evening....is this correct? Thanks, I simply love love love looking at the mosaics, and just to walk through the castle as well.;)

Chernabog1940

Thought I read its open in morning hours then shut for afternoon shows through evening....is this correct? Thanks, I simply love love love looking at the mosaics, and just to walk through the castle as well.;)

When we there in early September, we were NOT able to walk through a 8:00am. You can still see the mosaics if you come in through the 'back side.'

thomas998

This is for crowd control with the initial rush. (prevents runners headed to mine ride, Peter pan's flight and Meet and greets) The gates are opened about 10ish if I recall.
If true that is the dumbest rationale I could think of... it isn't going to stop any runners it is only going to send then to the narrower sides of the castle where it is more likely they will run into someone.

The Empress Lilly

This is for crowd control with the initial rush. (prevents runners headed to mine ride, Peter pan's flight and Meet and greets) The gates are opened about 10ish if I recall.
Ah...classic Disney vs. modern MK zoo. Guests gently strolling through a castle, admiring the gorgeous handicraft mosaics. Versus commando moms trampling kids because they have to make the first stop of their nervous schedule. To cater to whom the park is destroyed piecemeal.

S 2

Strange policy to me, I was there in August and wanted my friends first park experience to be walking straight up main street and through the castle but it was closed then too, I guess this is why :/ Hey, there's no wrong way to Fantasyland! Maybe this video will help?

21stamps

We walked thru the castle at 8am on 11/27. Only time we've ever gone that early, so can't speak for any other day.

SteamboatJoe

At one point was the public interior space of the castle more open than it is now? For some reason my memories of that space from the 90s don't match what I saw last year. It seemed narrower and more closed off but I have not been able to find pictures to verify (or reject) this thought. Perhaps it just looked bigger when I was younger and shorter?

Last edited:

mouse_luv

You were able to walk through pretty much all the time in the 90s and before. That was before they were putting on the annoying for the most part stage shows lol. And it's always been the same looking in there that I can recall. I love walking through or just being able to stand on the back side of the castle and look at lit up MSUSA from there at night. It's gorgeous.

Also, the rationale that you can't go through there in the mornings/at rope drop makes zero sense because the CM's walk you up MSUSA now so you can't run like a nutjob.

21stamps

You were able to walk through pretty much all the time in the 90s and before. That was before they were putting on the annoying for the most part stage shows lol. And it's always been the same looking in there that I can recall. I love walking through or just being able to stand on the back side of the castle and look at lit up MSUSA from there at night. It's gorgeous.

Also, the rationale that you can't go through there in the mornings/at rope drop makes zero sense because the CM's walk you up MSUSA now so you can't run like a nutjob.

We didn't get walked up Main Street, but there were CMs standing blocking off certain areas. I've never done a true "rope drop", now or in my younger years.. so have no clue what goes on then. I haven't even seen the welcome show. Was on the to do list but never actually accomplished. :(

mouse_luv

We didn't get walked up Main Street, but there were CMs standing blocking off certain areas. I've never done a true "rope drop", now or in my younger years.. so have no clue what goes on then. I haven't even seen the welcome show. Was on the to do list but never actually accomplished. :(
Well during a true rope drop in the recent years, they do walk you up MSUSA and through the hub. They make everyone go one direction for the most part around the hub.

Animaniac93-98

At one point was the public interior space of the castle more open than it is now? For some reason my memories of that space from the 90s don't match what I saw last year. It seemed narrower and more closed off but I have not been able to find pictures to verify (or reject) this thought. Perhaps it just looked bigger when I was younger and shorter?

The King's Gallery store (open to everyone) was closed to make way for BBB (open only to children 12 and under and their parents). Maybe that's part of the reason?

Tom 55

I have also noticed that you can not always walk threw the castle. So on 9/25/2016 when I was there it was open. So much of a treat that I took these pictures. Time stamp was 11 am. They close it off when they are getting ready and having the stage shows in front of the castle.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.JPG
    IMG_4614.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 44

belledream

Interesting...was also there in September (first two weeks) and was able to walk through all three MK mornings. Two were during breakfast hours, and one during AM EMH.

21stamps

I took screenshots here so you can see the time and date--

Attachments

• IMG_9235.PNG
    IMG_9235.PNG
    577.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9236.PNG
    IMG_9236.PNG
    499.8 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom