Can I trust the crowd calendar for Christmas period?

yonafunu

Original Poster
Hi all !

Not talking about Covid situation, neither the global crowd level
I've planned to go to WDW between the 26 of november and the 13 of december. I have received my 14days tickets and so i'm thinking about to book my days with the reservation pass system at WDW. Do you think i can trust the differents crowd calendars (undercover and others..) on the internet in this abnormally year ? My goal is to take the best day available for each park to avoid the crowd.
Also, it's just speculation, do you think the christmas parties (or DAH) will be on the same week days as previously? Or the date change every year (for example the monday going to tuesday etc...)

Thank you !

nickys

Premium Member
Party days will follow the same days as always IMO.

And I would mostly choose party days for MK, as the shorter hours scare people off. But do at least one no party day so you can see the fireworks (fairly sure they’ll be back by then).

yonafunu

Original Poster
I think all bets are off for ANY calendar prediction for the next year or two.
True...but maybe someone have more informations that i have
Once they open the US to Canada border......look out WDW.
US/Canada borders will open, i hope before my WDW trip. I will not wait until that point in case of it opens at the last minute ;)
Crowds will be coming, especially for Christmas.
Of course, as for my Halloween trip 2 years ago. But it's the game... It's why it is important to prepare the trip as much as i can and do the best choice for the selection of which park for which day ;)

Party days will follow the same days as always IMO.

And I would mostly choose party days for MK, as the shorter hours scare people off. But do at least one no party day so you can see the fireworks (fairly sure they’ll be back by then).

thanks !

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi all !

Not talking about Covid situation, neither the global crowd level
I've planned to go to WDW between the 26 of november and the 13 of december. I have received my 14days tickets and so i'm thinking about to book my days with the reservation pass system at WDW. Do you think i can trust the differents crowd calendars (undercover and others..) on the internet in this abnormally year ? My goal is to take the best day available for each park to avoid the crowd.
Also, it's just speculation, do you think the christmas parties (or DAH) will be on the same week days as previously? Or the date change every year (for example the monday going to tuesday etc...)

Thank you !

There are likely to be many adjustments to the TouringPlans calendar between now and then. There's a lot we don't know, from what the vaccination rate will ultimately be, to how effective they are against variants, to what safety measures will be in place (and for which people won't travel), and so on.

I think right now the TP calendar is weighted towards previous non-COVID years. It might be helpful to look at, say, the TP calendar from 2019 (let me know if you need access) to see what that looked like.

Len

yonafunu

Original Poster
There are likely to be many adjustments to the TouringPlans calendar between now and then. There's a lot we don't know, from what the vaccination rate will ultimately be, to how effective they are against variants, to what safety measures will be in place (and for which people won't travel), and so on.

I think right now the TP calendar is weighted towards previous non-COVID years. It might be helpful to look at, say, the TP calendar from 2019 (let me know if you need access) to see what that looked like.

Len
Thank you lentesta for your reply !
How can i have access to TP calendar ? It will be clearly useful for me !

MickeyCB

Len
Big fan of your TouringPlans crowd calendar! I use it pretty much for every trip to get some ideas of crowd predictions. I realize the pandemic makes everything a crap shoot, but I actually changed my weeks on our upcoming trip due to the crowd predictions.
Appreciate you and your team's hard work.

Robbydj13

I think the best guess is no one knows. I traditionally go the first 2-3 weeks of December and find it to be great as far as lower crowd levels. I am planning to December 10th - 20th of this year and I honestly think it will be busy as heck. That’s just my guess though, although I’m thinking that way because it might be a time when things are more normal at Disney, which I’m hoping for.

yonafunu

Original Poster
I think the best guess is no one knows. I traditionally go the first 2-3 weeks of December and find it to be great as far as lower crowd levels. I am planning to December 10th - 20th of this year and I honestly think it will be busy as heck. That’s just my guess though, although I’m thinking that way because it might be a time when things are more normal at Disney, which I’m hoping for.
Yes the early December period seems to be the best christmas period to go. We avoid the thanksgiving period before and the huge and heavy holidays crowd period after mid-December.

Robbydj13

Yes the early December period seems to be the best christmas period to go. We avoid the thanksgiving period before and the huge and heavy holidays crowd period after mid-December.
I’ve always tried to do the second well of December and is been successful. Who knows this year lol

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Len
@lentesta Do you have calendars from 2009-2011 available on-line?

Giss Neric

Also remember that this is the 50th Anniversary year so people will plan trips around October to December mostly so expect heavy crowds all throughout.

CosmicRays

I have a feeling with the 50th and more tha likely relaxed guidelines- this Christmas might actually break some records for WDW.

debg32

There are no more better days. I was there the first week of December a few years ago and it was more crowded than when we have been there in May, June, 4th of July and August. I don't know if it will be different this year but I am thinking more restrictions will be lifted. As much as I enjoyed seeing the parks decorated I don't think I would return during a holiday time.

JIMINYCR

Use the calendars as a starting helpful guide ....but realize changes are coming so prepare for the unexpected. We are using what they recommended for our trip we have had days we felt the numbers were higher. They are better than having nothing to go on.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The best time to go is to just go in the middle of a week where nobody can take a vacation week, weather is terrible, and all the kids are in school... A Monday thru Thursday trip.

Last week of August is usually great.

Graham9

We have found the best time to go is the two weeks immediately after Thanks Giving. Its all Christmas-ed up and the crowds are lighter. However, with Covid, who knows what will happen by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom