Can I ride anything at Animal Kingdom?

PRNCSAurora

Original Poster
My husband, parents and I are doing a mini-trip to Disney the beginning of May. I'm going to be five months pregnant at the time. I know there are plenty of rides in the other parks that I can ride, but are there any at AK or will I be stuck with just the shows?

Cmdr_Crimson

Quite a few...While most of them are very shaky..I would highly recommend avoiding them and partake in the shows like Flights of Fancy, Festival of The Lion King. Finding Nemo The Musical and The 4D Show It's Tough To be a Bug.

SulleyanBoo

Quite a few...While most of them are very shaky..I would highly recommend avoiding them and partake in the shows like Flights of Fancy, Festival of The Lion King. Finding Nemo The Musical and The 4D Show It's Tough To be a Bug.

I second this. As a former cast member, I know a lot of the rides at animal kingdom are unfortunately not reccommeded for those that are pregnant. However, I love animal kingdom for their amazing trails and scenery(there are 2 trails I believe) And, the shows are also a huge highlight. Have your camera ready and enjoy!! :)

CaptainShortty

I second this. As a former cast member, I know a lot of the rides at animal kingdom are unfortunately not reccommeded for those that are pregnant. However, I love animal kingdom for their amazing trails and scenery(there are 2 trails I believe) And, the shows are also a huge highlight. Have your camera ready and enjoy!! :)

Agreed! You can definitely enjoy the great scenery and shows that AK has to offer. Festival of the Lion King is probably one of my favorite shows on property. Enjoy your trip!

MKCP 1985

Way to NOT answer her question, guys. :goodnevil

Let me bold it for you: :lol:

My husband, parents and I are doing a mini-trip to Disney the beginning of May. I'm going to be five months pregnant at the time. I know there are plenty of rides in the other parks that I can ride, but are there any at AK or will I be stuck with just the shows?

I never thought of Animal Kingdom as a park of thrill rides before, but I guess Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl and Everest are not so good for someone who is expecting. :eek:

From my non-capable-of-being-pregnant experience, it would seem Kilimanjaro Safaris is no worse than riding in a car and certainly the train to Conservation Station should be safe enough, if it doesn't bore you to death.

Yeah, let's get some rides in the Animal Kingdom park. I knew there was a reason I skip it for Universal Studios or Sea World. :hammer:

DrummerAlly

Hmm... It appears as though Triceratop Spin is probably the only ride (discounting the train to the conservation station) safe for pregnant women. On my next trip I'll be 7 months pregnant I'm looking forward to spending some more time seeing the animals and checking out the shows that I've by-passed over the years.

SMS55

From my non-capable-of-being-pregnant experience, it would seem Kilimanjaro Safaris is no worse than riding in a car and certainly the train to Conservation Station should be safe enough, if it doesn't bore you to death.

While most of the ride is not bad, there are a few bumpy parts. It might be a good idea if she skips it for now. If memory serves me correct it does say that expectant moms should not ride.

MKCP 1985

While most of the ride is not bad, there are a few bumpy parts. It might be a good idea if she skips it for now. If memory serves me correct it does say that expectant moms should not ride.

Wow, if you take out the Safaris ride, that doesn't leave much in the way of rides for expectant mothers at the Animal Kingdom park. DrummerAlly points out Triceratops Spin is okay and as between the two, I would have thought the Safaris was less problematic.

Babies are so special, why take any risks, right? Yikes! :eek:

CaptainShortty

You're correct, it isn't recommended for expectant mothers. Of course, talk to your doctor. Hopefully they have been to Disney themselves and will help you figure out what you can and can't ride.

PRNCSAurora

Original Poster
Wow, if you take out the Safaris ride, that doesn't leave much in the way of rides for expectant mothers at the Animal Kingdom park. DrummerAlly points out Triceratops Spin is okay and as between the two, I would have thought the Safaris was less problematic.

Babies are so special, why take any risks, right? Yikes! :eek:

This is exactly what I feel. It took us over two years to get this baby; I'm willing to forgo rides, I was just curious. Guess we will save AK for our half day.
Thanks guys!

BLY

I went in the safari ride a couple of weeks ago and it was mega bumpy, not sure if the driver was due for a break or trying to break a record but we went really fast and were bumped around lots. I have been on this ride many a times and it was a very gentle but do not risk it, its not worth it.

C&D

Would Kilimanjaro Safaris be too bumpy?
Maybe, maybe not; but to err on the safe side, I wouldn't recommend it. There are just too many factors to consider: your tour guide, where you sit in the vehicle (really bumping, rear of the back axle), the particular ruts that are gone over, etc., etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom