Pre-Trip Can I Return These Shoes? They Hurt My Feet. - A September 2018 Pre-Trip Report

"Can I Return These Shoes? They Hurt My Feet."

Yes – Those were the words my husband uttered as we were unpacking from our last trip. If you have no idea what I’m talking about you obviously need to go back and read my last TR…

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hurricanes-foot-pains-and-“what-the-crocs-just-happened-”-anniversary-tale-–-a-sept-irma-2017-tr-completed.934251/

Of course the shoe drama didn’t happen until day 15.

If you are all caught up and you are still willing to read on and join us again for as @blgauger says, “Ross’ Shenanigans”, well then, please read on.

Just in case you don’t know our crazy family… Here we are…

Me: Mary – I am a high school English teacher turned homeschool and blogger mom. (Although I am SO BAD at updating my web page.) I have always been a Disney fan and love all things Disney.

IMG_0632.JPG

My hubby: Ross – my nutty, “frugal” husband who always seems to add some drama to our trip. He drives me crazy, but he is the hardest working guy I know who makes a lot of sacrifices so we can go on these trips.

Julia – my now sweet 16 daughter who I hope never grows out of going to Disney with her family. Although college seems to be getting in the way of our most loved September trip. (BTW, She usually doesn’t dress all in black. This was her costume from the production of “Much Ado About Nothing” our homeschool group put on. She was backstage & props.) She’s had a tough year with some health issues that are thankfully working out okay – so that’s definitely something I will be celebrating this year.

IMG_0153.jpg

Hope – my 9 year old daughter who is boycotting all omnimover rides. She is Autistic and the reason why I started writing TR’s. So many people told me I was crazy for taking a kid with so many “issues” to Disney that I really wanted to highlight the positives and show how successful a trip to Disney with a special needs kid could be. Sadly, this will be her last year as a “kid”. Next year, she will age into a Disney “adult”.

IMG_0567.jpg

And of course, here are the shoes of contention…

IMG_0729.JPG

Here we all are at Great Wolf Lodge (except for the Crocs). We went for the first time this year with our homeschool group that managed to get an AWESOME rate.

IMG_0472.JPG

So yes, as the TR title states, Ross has decided that he wants to see if he can return the Crocs he purchased last year. He figures since he barely wore them and the fact they hurt his feet so much, that it is a reasonable request. I will bring to your attention that Ross and the word “reasonable” sometimes rarely go together. Nonetheless, he is on a mission and firmly believes he has a good case.

Now I spent 15 years in retail management and some of the WORST memories I have are the people who would present me with a pair of jeans to return with nasty stains, ripped bottoms and no tags - and yet swear that, “I’ve never worn them.” So thinking about my husband trying to return his less than loved Crocs is not sitting well with me.

At first I wasn’t too concerned. I thought for sure he would long forget about them as the year went on. He even managed to purchase another pair of sandals that he likes almost as much as the ones Julia stepped on. (I forced him to buy a second pair of them – just in case.) He has also learned to walk a few steps to the side of Julia.

However, when he bought his new shoes a few months after we returned home, he brought up the topic again. Then, as I sat down at our 180 mark to make our ADR’s, he again reminded me of the Crocs, now covered with dust in his closet, and announced he planned on trying to return them. Seriously? Even in the depths of our North East winter as he came in after shoveling snow, his mind returned to those lonely Crocs as he mentioned his hopes that Disney would take them back and give him a merchandise credit.

So here we are, into double digits and quickly approaching our 60 day FP+ date, and he is NOT forgetting about the those Crocs.

These are becoming desperate times. I am now on a mission to “misplace” the Crocs before our September journey. Will I succeed? I don’t know. But if I do not, I made it clear that I am not having anything to do with this craziness. I am not packing them, carrying them or walking with him into the store if he does attempt to make this transaction. I don’t even want to hear about them. He is on his own with this endeavor. Will he actually go through with it? Your guess is as good as mine. But I promise I will document the tale for all of you… because let’s be honest, how else would anyone believe me?

Last edited:

lostpro9het

"Can I Return These Shoes? They Hurt My Feet."

Yes – Those were the words my husband uttered as we were unpacking from our last trip. If you have no idea what I’m talking about you obviously need to go back and read my last TR…

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hurricanes-foot-pains-and-“what-the-crocs-just-happened-”-anniversary-tale-–-a-sept-irma-2017-tr-completed.934251/

Of course the shoe drama didn’t happen until day 15.

If you are all caught up and you are still willing to read on and join us again for as @blgauger says, “Ross’ Shenanigans”, well then, please read on.

Just in case you don’t of our crazy family… Here we are…

Me: Mary – I am a high school English teacher turned homeschool and blogger mom. (Although I am SO BAD at updating my web page.) I have always been a Disney fan and love all things Disney.

View attachment 289954

My hubby: Ross – my nutty, “frugal” husband who always seems to add some drama to our trip. He drives me crazy, but he is the hardest working guy I know who makes a lot of sacrifices so we can go on these trips.

Julia – my now sweet 16 daughter who I hope never grows out of going to Disney with her family. Although college seems to be getting in the way of our most loved September trip. (BTW, She usually doesn’t dress all in black. This was her costume from the production of “Much Ado About Nothing” our homeschool group put on. She was backstage & props.) She’s had a tough year with some health issues that are thankfully working out okay – so that’s definitely something I will be celebrating this year.

View attachment 289956

Hope – my 9 year old daughter who is boycotting all omnimover rides. She is Autistic and the reason why I started writing TR’s. So many people told me I was crazy for taking a kid with so many “issues” to Disney that I really wanted to highlight the positives and show how successful a trip to Disney with a special needs kid could be. Sadly, this will be her last year as a “kid”. Next year, she will age into a Disney “adult”.

View attachment 289953

And of course, here are the shoes of contention…

View attachment 289957

Here we all are at Great Wolf Lodge (except for the Crocs). We went for the first time this year with our homeschool group that managed to get an AWESOME rate.

View attachment 289955

So yes, as the TR title states, Ross has decided that he wants to see if he can return the Crocs he purchased last year. He figures since he barely wore them and the fact they hurt his feet so much, that it is a reasonable request. I will bring to your attention that Ross and the word “reasonable” sometimes rarely go together. Nonetheless, he is on a mission and firmly believes he has a good case.

Now I spent 15 years in retail management and some of the WORST memories I have are the people who would present me with a pair of jeans to return with nasty stains, ripped bottoms and no tags - and yet swear that, “I’ve never worn them.” So thinking about my husband trying to return his less than loved Crocs is not sitting well with me.

At first I wasn’t too concerned. I thought for sure he would long forget about them as the year went on. He even managed to purchase another pair of sandals that he likes almost as much as the ones Julia stepped on. (I forced him to buy a second pair of them – just in case.) He has also learned to walk a few steps to the side of Julia.

However, when he bought his new shoes a few months after we returned home, he brought up the topic again. Then, as I sat down at our 180 mark to make our ADR’s, he again reminded me of the Crocs, now covered with dust in his closet, and announced he planned on trying to return them. Seriously? Even in the depths of our North East winter as he came in after shoveling snow, his mind returned to those lonely Crocs as he mentioned his hopes that Disney would take them back and give him a merchandise credit.

So here we are, into double digits and quickly approaching our 60 day FP+ date, and he is NOT forgetting about the those Crocs.

These are becoming desperate times. I am now on a mission to “misplace” the Crocs before our September journey. Will I succeed? I don’t know. But if I do not, I made it clear that I am not having anything to do with this craziness. I am not packing them, carrying them or walking with him into the store if he does attempt to make this transaction. I don’t even want to hear about them. He is on his own with this endeavor. Will he actually go through with it? Your guess is as good as mine. But I promise I will document the tale for all of you… because let’s be honest, how else would anyone believe me?
Im sorry but the only takeaway I got from this post is Ross’s beard is back.

krause

It probably won’t help your case, but Disney’s return policy is 30 days after purchase...with receipt. (It used to be much more generous.)

giphy.gif

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I can’t believe your trip is coming up so fast! I feel like I JUST finished your last trip report... :cautious::cautious::joyfull:. I, for one, can’t wait to hear the retelling of Ross trying to return his shoes. Hilarious. I loved your last trip report and can’t wait for the next one! I say Hope gets 10 tsum tsums for every omnimover ride she goes on!

dizfan917

I LOVE following along on your trips! Can't wait!!

Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me page (or similar) and all of us who don't want you to have to go through the trauma of dealing with Ross and the Crocs return could donate a dollar or two to bring you some peace of mind. Or sell them on eBay! Or melt them down to make handcrafted luggage tags for the 2018 adventure!! hee hee hee...

Good Luck!! :geek:

blreinsel

Yesssss! Here for all the Ross shenanigans! :joyfull:

So yes, as the TR title states, Ross has decided that he wants to see if he can return the Crocs he purchased last year. He figures since he barely wore them and the fact they hurt his feet so much, that it is a reasonable request.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I cannot WAIT to see how this plays out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom