Can I get todays rate since its cheaper than my reservation.

G8rchamps

Original Poster
Apparently not because I'm in the cancellation window already...

anyone run into this before or have any expertise?

dreamfinder

What do you mean by today's rate? If you just found out about a new discount, or received a PIN code, then you can try to have them apply it to your reservation. However, rooms need to be available under that discount for it to be applied, if there aren't any rooms, then they won't be able to apply it. Depending on how you made you booking (online or on the phone) and the type of reservation (room only vs package) would affect what the cancellation window is. If you are in the cancellation window you are still able to modify your reservation, you may be required to pay a change fee. If the resulting change in your reservation ends up costing more (IE you are upgrading resorts, adding tickets, etc) then they would typically waive the change fee. You would need to see what the price difference is and if it is worth making the change if the fee is assessed.

If by today's rate you mean that the rack rate for a stay today is less than the rack rate you are paying, then no they won't apply it.

G8rchamps

Original Poster
It was actually a Hilton branded Hotel and the clerk who checked us in manually adjusted the rate for me even though we had passed our cancellation. I think I got lucky.

dreamfinder

It was actually a Hilton branded Hotel and the clerk who checked us in manually adjusted the rate for me even though we had passed our cancellation. I think I got lucky.

Ah, not a WDW resort. (Forgot I was in the Offsite section) But yeah, policies will vary greatly by hotel/chain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom