Can I Double Dip the FP system?

jharvey

So, I selected my FP+ fastpasses today. I did not think this would be an option for this trip. Will I still get my KTTW? I ask because I would love to be able to double dip with paper FP along with the ones attached to my wrist band of doom.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So, I selected my FP+ fastpasses today. I did not think this would be an option for this trip. Will I still get my KTTW? I ask because I would love to be able to double dip with paper FP along with the ones attached to my wrist band of doom.
I did a test two weeks ago and I was able to. I was issued bands and KTTW cards.

But, I'm not sure how much longer they will keep the old system going...

Upvote 0

luv

They're still testing it, so you can still get both. They haven't said they're going to pull the paper machines when this is rolled out for real, but many people (me included) are sure they will. Until then, double dip! :)

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

I'm really hoping that they leave the FP machines up once FP+ is a permanent thing. We don't like to pre-plan, and I shudder at the thought of trying to decide months, weeks, or even days in advance which park we're going to be in and plan our FPs accordingly then. Does anyone know if there'll be a way to get FPs once you arrive at a park?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
No one knows. People have been invited to tests into October.

I'm curious b/c Fall is a great time for testing. And last fall, they were testing the new FP system. I know its a long process and was curious where things would be come February 2014 when we go next. With the busy holiday season fast approaching, I wonder if it will still be in the testing phase in Feb.

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
I'm really hoping that they leave the FP machines up once FP+ is a permanent thing. We don't like to pre-plan, and I shudder at the thought of trying to decide months, weeks, or even days in advance which park we're going to be in and plan our FPs accordingly then. Does anyone know if there'll be a way to get FPs once you arrive at a park?
In theory I am with you. I love to plan plan plan, but hate the thought of having to book my FP in advance. But it is sooooo puuuuurrrrrddddyyy. What can I say, I am an ugly American. Shiny new stuff does it for me.

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

I'm curious b/c Fall is a great time for testing. And last fall, they were testing the new FP system. I know its a long process and was curious where things would be come February 2014 when we go next. With the busy holiday season fast approaching, I wonder if it will still be in the testing phase in Feb.
By the sounds of things they are just going to carry on adding resorts a few at a time, try to iron out problems on a smaller scale rather than the full WDW at once

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

I spoke with an Internet Help Desk CM the other day who was helping me with my Fast Pass + reservations. During the course of our conversation, she herself suggested to use the KTTW cards, which would be issued in addition to our Magic Bands, so that my family could "double dip" and obtain regular fast passes.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
I spoke with an Internet Help Desk CM the other day who was helping me with my Fast Pass + reservations. During the course of our conversation, she herself suggested to use the KTTW cards, which would be issued in addition to our Magic Bands, so that my family could "double dip" and obtain regular fast passes.

I hope this helps.
It does indeed. Thanks

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Leave the ability to double dip in place and I'll be the first one to champion this idea.
As a matter of fact that will actually make the name "Fast Pass PLUS" make sense.
It's a PLUS and an ACTUAL BENEFIT for resort guests!

Fast pass for offsite guests. Fast Pass PLUS for onsite guests!

Their ideas for the way this new system is supposed to eventually work with ONLY 3 FP per day for 1 park ONLY?? That's something they should call "Fast Pass Minus".

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom