can Disney bring it all back.. or have they gone TOO FAR...

erasure fan1

People say this about every company as commentary on Corporate America but I'm saying that this is happening right now! it's why Chapek is gone! This isn't a 20+ year legacy issue, like people are comparing EPCOT now to 1987 and telling their friends and family how much they miss Horizons. These are drastic enough problems that serious effects are 1-3 years out if they don't course correct.
True, but if they were that concerned, why bring back the guy responsible for most of the mess in the first place? Iger is there to sell everyone on how great everything is and change the perception. Not what's actually the problem. Call me cynical, because I am, but I see nothing really changing except the optics of it all.

Goofyernmost

People say this about every company as commentary on Corporate America but I'm saying that this is happening right now! it's why Chapek is gone! This isn't a 20+ year legacy issue, like people are comparing EPCOT now to 1987 and telling their friends and family how much they miss Horizons. These are drastic enough problems that serious effects are 1-3 years out if they don't course correct.
The old EPCOT opened 40 years ago. There has been two generations since then and 1 1/2 generations that really have no memory of it at all because when they did see it they were to young to remember the details. Those of us, like myself, are the generation that will most remember it and we are getting long in the tooth. It won't be long before all memory will be gone and not have any impact on the place at all. With nothing to compare with, it will be as new and exciting to new people as it was to us. The difference is the percentage of income required to have the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom