Can Beastly Kingdom Happen Today?

MaxW

Original Poster
I love the concept for alot of scrapped animal kingdom, especially the mythology behind beastly kingdom. So i was wondering, how big is camp minnie mickey? is there a area open for development large enough to hold the concepts of beastly kingdom? and do you think disney would ever blow away the dust once Avatarland, the Hollywood studios redo, Epcots probable redo, and the frontierland expansion are completed? post your thoughts below. also, if anyone can make up any hypothetical maps thatd be awesome. (like the ones people are making in speculation of where star wars and toy story land are going)

Tom

Beta Return
Not a chance. Pandora is taking up every inch of the remaining space at the SW corner of the park. And I'm confident that Avatar will fulfill their mission for "mythical characters".

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
image.jpg

MaxW

Original Poster
haha not helpful, nor descriptive. atleast use words to describe your disgust my friend. I'm not even saying its on the realm of possibility. Just a wishful thought.

MaxW

Original Poster
Not a chance. Pandora is taking up every inch of the remaining space at the SW corner of the park. And I'm confident that Avatar will fulfill their mission for "mythical characters".
Is there nowhere? I mean anywhere, it doesnt even have to be on camp minnie mickeys grounds, just somewhere that size. and i am doubtful of avatar, i really am.

JohnD

I love the concept for alot of scrapped animal kingdom, especially the mythology behind beastly kingdom. So i was wondering, how big is camp minnie mickey? is there a area open for development large enough to hold the concepts of beastly kingdom? and do you think disney would ever blow away the dust once Avatarland, the Hollywood studios redo, Epcots probable redo, and the frontierland expansion are completed? post your thoughts below. also, if anyone can make up any hypothetical maps thatd be awesome. (like the ones people are making in speculation of where star wars and toy story land are going)

I appreciate the sentiment. But I think that Avatar is now fulfilling this role. Sorry.

MaxW

Original Poster
this is purely a pie in the sky idea. Reality not allowed. haha. But the question is, can a yet to be tested franchise retain the popularity of a entire land off of beauty alone? I just wish modern disney wasn't so afraid of doing ideas for rides stateside not steeped in modern IPS. But i understand why they do what they do, why take a risk when you can go for a guarantee

JohnD

this is purely a pie in the sky idea. Reality not allowed. haha. But the question is, can a yet to be tested franchise retain the popularity of a entire land off of beauty alone? I just wish modern disney wasn't so afraid of doing ideas for rides stateside not steeped in modern IPS. But i understand why they do what they do, why take a risk when you can go for a guarantee

Except that the franchise will have three upcoming movies so direct tie-ins in AvatarLand (sorry, "Avatar: World of Pandora"). Taking the devil's advocate point of view, you could argue that Avatar has a franchise where Beastly Kingdom doesn't have one at all -- I know the remaining lands in AK have ties to franchises (what part of WDW doesn't?) but there are no other areas in AK completely tied to a franchise.

MaxW

Original Poster
wasn't one of those three sequels cancelled? Avatar was huge, but its production seems to be slowing down. I don't see how the movie can necessitate three sequels.

FettFan

Maybe in like 30 years once everyone's over this whole Avatar nonsense.

Believe it or not, Storybook Circus originally began life as a Fantasyland Expansion....for Disneyland.
3288.Circus_2D00_3.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

Only it was Dumbo's Circusland.

orlando678-

I find Pandora fantastic and honestly i still see the Avatar creatures representing a possible Alien zoology group, while Beastly Kingdom would represent fictional and legendary or maybe even historical creatures like griffons, dragons, unicorns etc. I can still see it build, but that will take 50 years or so to finally see it completed.

blueboxdoctor

One can hope. Avatar has already faded away (yes, 3 more movies are on the way, but the initial hype is gone, which happens when a movie has no substance just flashy effects). The plans for Beastly Kingdom involved timeless themes, such as dragons, which exist throughout most of history in some cultures and have been depicted many times in various forms of media. While Avatar will more than likely grow old and boring, a fantasy themed area in AK can always evolve/expand to stay interesting.

I think they really missed the mark on this one. I know they have New Fantasyland in MK but this would be done completely differently and it is a shame they decided to abandon a cool idea that could involve a lot of cool ideas and contributions from the creative team(s) for a land that is basically there to try and catch on to an already fading fad (Star Wars has become cultural because of the scale of the movies and the memorable characters [I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but who doesn't know the characters?] so making a themed area for it makes sense [especially now that they own it and have at least 6 Star Wars related movies on the way] whereas Avatar I couldn't name you a single character other than the code name for the bad guy "Papa Dragon" [yes, it is cringe-worthy]).

DManRightHere

I am undecided. There are more movies coming, Avatar Land may be a brilliant idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom