Can anyone actually imagine Walt Disney World closing forever?

jrobinson424

I would be willing to bet that if gasoline got up to $5 a gallon and stayed there, you just may see Disneyworld shut down. There is not enough people on this planet who could afford that. When the decision comes down to eating or going to Disneyworld, you know what people will choose. Also, no one ever thought that K Mart would ever go Bankrupt, they did and it is possible and very likely that WDW could too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
jrobinson424 said:
I would be willing to bet that if gasoline got up to $5 a gallon and stayed there, you just may see Disneyworld shut down. There is not enough people on this planet who could afford that. When the decision comes down to eating or going to Disneyworld, you know what people will choose. Also, no one ever thought that K Mart would ever go Bankrupt, they did and it is possible and very likely that WDW could too.
If gasoline went up to $5.00 a gallon, the rest of the economy would just re-adjust itself. Basic inflation. It would take a while, but everything else would get more expensive, and everybody would also make more.

WDW would not shut down !

jedimaster1227

inDisney said:
I have thought about it a couple times. Imagine all the parks, hotels and restaurants close because the Disney company went bankrupt and couldn't operate their theme parks. The lights that illuminate the castle will be turned off, and the magic would be gone forever. It kinda scares me to think that, but it's something that could happen. 30,000 acres of isolated, dark land in the middle of Florida. Can anyone just picture that? Do you think that would ever happen to Disney World? If the parks faced this kinda trouble, I would do everything in my power to try and save it. I would stay in the Grand Floridian for 2 weeks, even if I have to max out my credit cards. Can anyone actually picture a world without "the world?"

It is odd to me that you started this thread because I had two consecutive nights of dreams about all of Disney closing. It was pretty sad, but in my dream I attended an auction and bought the right pyramid from Journey into Imagination! It is really scary to think that the Disney magic could be extinguished in the future, but then again, that is what happens with everything-"Nothing lasts forever....All we are is dust in the wind...All we are is dust in the wind...." :cry:

crazygirley

I have imagined it, I don't want to imagine it again, and I don't want it to ever really happen. I would be devistated.

As long as it can last another 80 years, I should be fine. I don't plan on living until I am 103, so...

disneytati

Horizons1 said:
If I recall correctly, terrorists had targeted Disney before, I believe Disneyland actually. Luckily, the guy was acting suspicous and he was caught.

Can anyone confirm that or was that just a fake story?

I've heard that story too, but I also heard it was fake....:lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
disneytati said:
I've heard that story too, but I also heard it was fake....:lookaroun

from The New York Times Sunday April 23, 1995:

Administration and law enforcement officials today played down a suggestion by President Clinton on Friday that the Government had thwarted a terrorist attack involving the release of deadly nerve gas at Disneyland during the crowded Easter weekend. The officials said the incident had actually been a hoax involving a crank telephone call, the sort of routine false alarm that Disneyland and police departments around the nation handle all the time. They said that although Mr. Clinton had not misstated the facts of the affair, he had mischaracterized it and had inflated its significance.

disneytati

unkadug said:

Administration and law enforcement officials today played down a suggestion by President Clinton on Friday that the Government had thwarted a terrorist attack involving the release of deadly nerve gas at Disneyland during the crowded Easter weekend. The officials said the incident had actually been a hoax involving a crank telephone call, the sort of routine false alarm that Disneyland and police departments around the nation handle all the time. They said that although Mr. Clinton had not misstated the facts of the affair, he had mischaracterized it and had inflated its significance.

Thanks for the info!!!:)

Horizons1

unkadug said:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom