Can anyone actually imagine Walt Disney World closing forever?

if it did close, which i seriously doubt I will live to see, I would hop the fence and run around, dodgeing security, and go crazy in the abandoned park, kinda like in that Care Bears movie, but without the evil all around​

You know what though, yes thoughts of bankruptcy, terrorist attacks, they all could spell the end of Disney World or the Disney Company in general.

BUT, think of some of the other controllable or uncontrollable things that could bring the end to our favorite vacation kingdoms.... one really bad Florida hurricane could wipe out a substantial portion of some of the WDW property.... an earthquake.... a simple cigarette that was tossed in the wrong place in an attraction.... faulty wiring.

Everyone thinks that it's Disney World and we are immune to anything happening, but it's those little things that can take it all away as well.

DisneyCruzer

Just remember that Disneyland Paris has been in the red right from the start, but they never thought about shutting it down.
The only danger I see with Disney is that they may raise the prices so far that even the 'addicts' stay away.
I guess their aquisition of Pixar made at least sure that their movie business will thrive in the future.

I know thats unlikly to happen in our lifetimes but the scary thing is that you never know what is coming around the corner. A terrorist attack would just be ...... well it would mean utter devastation and the thought of the castle burning down makes me shudder and just the other day I had a dream that SSE fell off its hinges and flatterned Mission Space :lookaroun but don't worry i'm not pyshic (sp?):D. But if we think like this then we could never enjoy the magic that exists today. If we all keep going and keep attendances high and hold onto our shares with our lives Disneyworld will survive. As for terrorism, here in London 7/7, it made us more aware of it and our government has already made steps to prevent it happening again. I would of thought the government over the pond would be doing something to prevent 9/11 happening again, your government dosn't tend to be as open about its plans as ours. So think of cheary thoughts of Mickey and Co and the thrill of thundering down splash mountain and put the negative thoughts to back of your head and enjoy today ! :D :D :D

disneytati

999Ghosts said:
THAT IS IT WHAT SCARES ME... A TERRORIST ATTACK ON WALT DISNEY WORLD OR DISNEYLAND...

I think that's very unlikely... Terrorists' targets are more like symbols of American supremacy and power, so I think they wouldn't care about Disney very much.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
illuminations25 said:
You know what though, yes thoughts of bankruptcy, terrorist attacks, they all could spell the end of Disney World or the Disney Company in general.

BUT, think of some of the other controllable or uncontrollable things that could bring the end to our favorite vacation kingdoms.... one really bad Florida hurricane could wipe out a substantial portion of some of the WDW property.... an earthquake.... a simple cigarette that was tossed in the wrong place in an attraction.... faulty wiring.

Everyone thinks that it's Disney World and we are immune to anything happening, but it's those little things that can take it all away as well.

I highly doubt a cigarette could cause the demise of a substantial portion of WDW.
(unless it was a molotov cigarette:lookaroun )

Faulty wiring - not with the Reedy Creek Building Codes more stringent than surrounding areas.

disneytati

And even after a hurricane... they would rebuild the destroyed part, and it would look even better!!!! I really don't think a hurricane could sweep out much, not in that area...

masterv

OMG THIS IS SO SCARY. DON'T DO THIS TO ME

:eek::eek:MICHAEL LANDON. SINGING!!! :eek::eek:

ROFL

Seriously I don't think Disney is going under anytime soon. And I'd like to think its fans would step up and help support Disney enough for that not to happen.
Disney has been around for quite a long time and I'm sure it will continue to spread its magic many years to come. :D

iheartdisney91

it will prolly never happen but i can picture all the light in the magic kingdom going out 4 ever.... it sad!!! i dont want to think about it!:cry:

goofntink

inDisney said:
I have thought about it a couple times. Imagine all the parks, hotels and restaurants close because the Disney company went bankrupt and couldn't operate their theme parks. The lights that illuminate the castle will be turned off, and the magic would be gone forever. It kinda scares me to think that, but it's something that could happen. 30,000 acres of isolated, dark land in the middle of Florida. Can anyone just picture that? Do you think that would ever happen to Disney World? If the parks faced this kinda trouble, I would do everything in my power to try and save it. I would stay in the Grand Floridian for 2 weeks, even if I have to max out my credit cards. Can anyone actually picture a world without "the world?"

It's Ok ...Just put down the mouse and keyboard...nobody is going to hurt you....that's good..now let's just help you put on this nice warm white jacket. good..now let me just get these buckles in the back......:D

Woody13

disneytati said:
And even after a hurricane... they would rebuild the destroyed part, and it would look even better!!!! I really don't think a hurricane could sweep out much, not in that area...
You're right. WDW has little to worry about from a major hurricane. The structures are built to withstand high wind loads since the Reedy Creek building code exceeds the Florida building codes. The location of WDW is in the center of the peninsula which affords it added protection.

Coastal areas of Florida take the brunt of the storms and they are the ones that need to "beef up" their hurricane protection efforts. :wave:

disneytati

Woody13 said:
You're right. WDW has little to worry about from a major hurricane. The structures are built to withstand high wind loads since the Reedy Creek building code exceeds the Florida building codes. The location of WDW is in the center of the peninsula which affords it added protection.

Coastal areas of Florida take the brunt of the storms and they are the ones that need to "beef up" their hurricane protection efforts. :wave:

Cool!! That was just a guess, as I've never experienced a hurricane, don't even know what to do in such a case, not even if I should hide or run...

Horizons1

disneytati said:
I think that's very unlikely... Terrorists' targets are more like symbols of American supremacy and power, so I think they wouldn't care about Disney very much.

If I recall correctly, terrorists had targeted Disney before, I believe Disneyland actually. Luckily, the guy was acting suspicous and he was caught.

Can anyone confirm that or was that just a fake story?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom