Can a 2-year old sleep in a CBR bed?

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Please don't flame me, because I'm new at traveling to WDW with little kids 😬 I had been a passholder for 14 years before my daughter was born, and my stepson was 10 the first time we took him, so this is uncharted territory!

Last year, our daughter was 7 months when we went to WDW. She was sleeping in her pack and play at that point, and it travels easily, so we simply brought it with us for her to sleep in.

By the time our trip rolls around in January, she'll have just turned 2. We're planning on converting her crib at home into a toddler bed this fall, so she'll be sleeping in a (toddler) bed for a good 4 months by the time we go.

We're staying at CBR, and are wondering if we should bring our pack and play again (although she's just in there lately when we're cleaning or cooking), use a Disney crib, or have my husband sleep with my stepson in one bed and I sleep with my daughter in another bed. I just don't know if it'll be too tall for her...

What would you guys do? Thanks in advance!

jaklgreen

Our kids started going when they were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old and they always just shared the other bed. We just put the extra pillows around the bed but they never needed it. But, as RememberWhen said, just ask for some bed rails. Some use the pool noodles to put under the sheets to make a barrier also.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Our kids started going when they were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old and they always just shared the other bed. We just put the extra pillows around the bed but they never needed it. But, as RememberWhen said, just ask for some bed rails. Some use the pool noodles to put under the sheets to make a barrier also.

Thank you so much! I feel so clueless, but it's just so new to us still, traveling to WDW with a toddler. Sharing the bed is definitely going to work best for us (and I will be glad to not have to deal with a pack and play again!).

NickMaio

Please don't flame me, because I'm new at traveling to WDW with little kids 😬 I had been a passholder for 14 years before my daughter was born, and my stepson was 10 the first time we took him, so this is uncharted territory!

Last year, our daughter was 7 months when we went to WDW. She was sleeping in her pack and play at that point, and it travels easily, so we simply brought it with us for her to sleep in.

By the time our trip rolls around in January, she'll have just turned 2. We're planning on converting her crib at home into a toddler bed this fall, so she'll be sleeping in a (toddler) bed for a good 4 months by the time we go.

We're staying at CBR, and are wondering if we should bring our pack and play again (although she's just in there lately when we're cleaning or cooking), use a Disney crib, or have my husband sleep with my stepson in one bed and I sleep with my daughter in another bed. I just don't know if it'll be too tall for her...

What would you guys do? Thanks in advance!
Does she like the pack and play.
Our little guy who will be 2 when we go this summer, loves his pack and play.
If she likes it to sleep in bring it. Much easier and more secure.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Does she like the pack and play.
Our little guy who will be 2 when we go this summer, loves his pack and play.
If she likes it to sleep in bring it. Much easier and more secure.

She plays in it now, but hasn’t slept in it for almost a year (about 18 months by the time we go). She’ll have been in a toddler bed for 4 months when we go so I’m thinking she’ll do well sharing a bed with me, and using the bed rails. Thanks!

My two year old did fine with bed rails last Jan.

Great, thanks! I never knew they had bed rails. So helpful!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
All kids are different but I'd say at 2 especially if she has already been in a "big kid" bed for a bit of time, sleeping in a regular hotel bed should not be concerning.
If possible I'd give her her own bed and you can put some pillows under a blanket as a "barrier".
If you have to share a bed with her then put some pillows on the floor next to the bed or often times you can move those beds and push it against the wall.

MegRuss626

I’ve seen on amazon (but not tried out yet) there is inflatable bed bumpers that you put under the fitted sheet. Might be an option if you have her sleep in bed with you!

Andrew M

You can ask for as many bedrails as they have available. One of our trips with a 2 & 3 yr old we got 5 of the bedrails and essentially turned the queen bed into giant crib.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
We actually switched our trip to December, but are still staying at CBR. Although we are now in a pirate-themed room. Do you know if the bed rails will work with those beds? I have no clue how they even work (I'm so embarrassed to admit!).

Weather_Lady

We actually switched our trip to December, but are still staying at CBR. Although we are now in a pirate-themed room. Do you know if the bed rails will work with those beds? I have no clue how they even work (I'm so embarrassed to admit!).

Yes. Bed rails are roughly L-shaped: the horizontal legs slide under the edge of the mattress, while the vertical part is the "rail" that keeps the occupant from easily rolling off the edge of the bed. The rails will fit any size mattress, and are easy to install so long as the bottom edge of the mattress is exposed.

In-depth photo tour of the pirate rooms (you'd install the bed rail between the white-sheeted mattress and dark brown-covered box spring) here: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/11/12/pirate-rooms-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Yes. Bed rails are roughly L-shaped: the horizontal legs slide under the edge of the mattress, while the vertical part is the "rail" that keeps the occupant from easily rolling off the edge of the bed. The rails will fit any size mattress, and are easy to install so long as the bottom edge of the mattress is exposed.

In-depth photo tour of the pirate rooms (you'd install the bed rail between the white-sheeted mattress and dark brown-covered box spring) here: https://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/11/12/pirate-rooms-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/

Thank you so much!! It's amazing how clueless I feel about these things. In a way, it was much simpler traveling when she was a baby!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I didn't know that they had rails available, but thats probably the best option. We always asked for extra pillows and built a barrier around the edge of the bed and put pillows on the floor around the bed just in case he did fall out. We figured better to be safe then sorry.
I’ve seen on amazon (but not tried out yet) there is inflatable bed bumpers that you put under the fitted sheet. Might be an option if you have her sleep in bed with you!

We did this a lot when my daughter was younger. We never use the comforter in hotel rooms so we'd often roll it up and put it under the sheet.

I just wanted to call out though that if this is your plan, keep in mind most hotels don't actually use fitted sheets. I don't know what CBR does, but we ended up needing to just bring one. I have a queen sized and king sized travel fitted sheet I pack with me so I can makeshift a bed bump from it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Also wanted to point out that bed rails from the resort are only available if others haven't taken them yet (like cribs!). So be sure to call this one in, if that's your plan.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I just wanted to call out though that if this is your plan, keep in mind most hotels don't actually use fitted sheets. I don't know what CBR does, but we ended up needing to just bring one. I have a queen sized and king sized travel fitted sheet I pack with me so I can makeshift a bed bump from it.

Thank you! I didn't think about that, but I think it'll be a good idea to pack some just in case.

Also wanted to point out that bed rails from the resort are only available if others haven't taken them yet (like cribs!). So be sure to call this one in, if that's your plan.

We did ask them to put a note in our reservation, but I think I was probably counting on them coming through a bit too much. I'm definitely going to pack some sheets, just in case. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom