Can’t rebook canceled cruise - blackout

seamonkey

Original Poster
On my spring break cruise in 2018, I purchased the onboard offer that gave me 10% off a future cruise. I booked a cruise for spring break 2020, which was cancelled due to Coronavirus. Totally get it. Went to rebook for spring break 2021 and can’t apply the 10% that week, because Disney it is a blackout date for 2021 even though spring break was not blocked out in 2020. Therefore, since my 2020 price included the onboard offer of 10%, even though they are offering 125% of voyage fare, it doesn’t cover me. I hope management considers lifting this blockout restriction for those rebooking cruises Disney canceled. Otherwise they are punishing their most loyal customers. We always go spring break, because the kids are out if school and it wasn’t a blackout in the past and it seems this inflexible policy is shortsighted.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Are you just trying to rebook online?
Perhaps call and explain?
Not sure when YOUR spring break was supposed to be this year but generally it changes based on when Easter lands so since Easter lands April 4th next year I'd expect rates to be higher the week before and after.

seamonkey

Original Poster
Yes, both cruises (2020 and 2021) are the week before Easter. Yes, rate is higher as expected. However, the 2020 was not blocked out, but 2021 is, which is the issue.

DisneyJoe

On my spring break cruise in 2018, I purchased the onboard offer that gave me 10% off a future cruise. I booked a cruise for spring break 2020, which was cancelled due to Coronavirus. Totally get it. Went to rebook for spring break 2021 and can’t apply the 10% that week, because Disney it is a blackout date for 2021 even though spring break was not blocked out in 2020. Therefore, since my 2020 price included the onboard offer of 10%, even though they are offering 125% of voyage fare, it doesn’t cover me. I hope management considers lifting this blockout restriction for those rebooking cruises Disney canceled. Otherwise they are punishing their most loyal customers. We always go spring break, because the kids are out if school and it wasn’t a blackout in the past and it seems this inflexible policy is shortsighted.
Onboard offers have to be used within 2 years, that is likely why you are losing the 10%.

raymusiccity

Did that, but thanks.
We feel your pain. We paid the $250..00 'placeholder' fee for a future cruise and a promised 10% discount. We just received an unsolicited e-mail regarding our 'cancellation' and a refund. I tried speaking with two different cruise representatives. Both of them gave the official line about the 10% discount only would have applied during the 2 year period since our last cruise. I said that we haven't been able to make any reservations since Disney wasn't cruising due to Covid. They said that they have been taking reservations, but, they have been canceling them as the situation drags on. I still don't think it's a fair position, but, they still told me to have a Magical Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom