Campsites at fort wilderness

Mr_Toad

For those of us with lots of kids, only at Fort Wilderness can I put 10 people into one spot (room). I need to have two rooms for that many with fire code restrictions.

fvrs7189

I am in the process of booking in June of 2018 at the campgrounds. The price if I take a premium site for the week is slightly under the cost of Pop. But there are other savings in my opinion. I will not eat out all meals, saving me a TON of money. Plus I am forced to drive (obviously), and even pulling my trailer from VA with a stop both ways in GA, I am saving about 1/2 the cost of flying my family of 4 down. So those two savings will save me over 1k if not a lot more. Further the advantage of staying in my own bed, having my own comforts, and just enjoying the camping life, is icing on the cake. Yes it is more than going to a resort locally, but campgrounds run 55-85 a night in the peak summer. And I am not even at Disney then!!!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I am in the process of booking in June of 2018 at the campgrounds. The price if I take a premium site for the week is slightly under the cost of Pop. But there are other savings in my opinion. I will not eat out all meals, saving me a TON of money. Plus I am forced to drive (obviously), and even pulling my trailer from VA with a stop both ways in GA, I am saving about 1/2 the cost of flying my family of 4 down. So those two savings will save me over 1k if not a lot more. Further the advantage of staying in my own bed, having my own comforts, and just enjoying the camping life, is icing on the cake. Yes it is more than going to a resort locally, but campgrounds run 55-85 a night in the peak summer. And I am not even at Disney then!!!!
Yes, there are certainly economies associated with camping. Balance those with the realities (A/C, remote showers, simpler menus, cooking and cleaning, etc) and sort them by the value you associate with them. If the camping vacay at WDW is still above the line, by all means, go for it!

MMFanCipher

Well, we have 6 in our family so we would need 2 rooms or a suite. Just checked Disney's site for a date range of Sep 23 2018 to Oct 7 2018 and a campsite is 108 a night. Art of Animation for the same date range is 398 a night. No comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom