Cameras & water parks.

irish_man

Original Poster
I just put a comment on another thread about taking pics in the water parks.

Is it just me or does anyone else photography should be banned in the water parks, given the amount of kids running about in swim costumes.

Opinions & comments please

MrBug

Would you also ban cameras at Disney resort pools and on Disney Cruise Line (and beaches and lakes and public pools etc etc)? I think I understand your point but I think such a camera ban is too strong a measure.

rimousefan84

Would you also ban cameras at Disney resort pools and on Disney Cruise Line (and beaches and lakes and public pools etc etc)? I think I understand your point but I think such a camera ban is too strong a measure.

I totally agree with you! I understand the point but it seems a bit rash to deprive non perverts from taking photos of their family as a keepsake.

Reccyman

When my family and I hit the water parks in 2006, I took along my pentax waterproof. No one complained or pass negative comment. Even made a few new Friends who asked if I could take a couple of pic of them (and their kids) underwater and send then to them when I got home.

I believe if people look hard enough they will find the worst in anything. Lets use our common sense and not let the politically correct spoil our innocent fun.

PhotoDave219

I just put a comment on another thread about taking pics in the water parks.

Is it just me or does anyone else photography should be banned in the water parks, given the amount of kids running about in swim costumes.

Opinions & comments please

What about the creepy old men who sit near kiddy fountains? Or near Hundred-acre wood?

photoflight

No offense, but I think it's an outrageously stupid idea. There are kids running around all over WDW, why not ban it completely? Better yet, who are YOU to say I can't take pictures of MY kids when I pay top dollar to go to a water park? That's the way I look at it anyway. Nope, I think it's a lousy idea.

Patsc85

Might as well ban cameras from downtown disney, becuase I see people bring their kids there in bathing suits to play around in those ground fountains and stitch..

Norm The Skull

I'm glad I brought my camera

I'm glad I brought my camera at Blizzard Beach...

I took some great picture of my wife and daughter.

I am just sad I didn't bring it up those stairs for Summit Plummit.

Don't forget if you ever see someone that you think is taking pictures for the wrong reasons. You can always talk to Disney security. I am sure they would investigate.

Now enjoy those parks

figment1988

No offense, but I think it's an outrageously stupid idea. There are kids running around all over WDW, why not ban it completely? Better yet, who are YOU to say I can't take pictures of MY kids when I pay top dollar to go to a water park? That's the way I look at it anyway. Nope, I think it's a lousy idea.

i agree, it is a rather ridiculous idea. for the most part, some people who bring their cameras to waterparks often take photos of their friends and family. but it's like i say, just because some sick wacko pulls something like this, it doesn't mean that common people should pay the price. to simply put it, suspicion sometimes breeds conflict, and sometimes, it ends up doing more harm than good.

Epcotrob

Security does watch people with cameras in the water parks. Heck they followed me around for about 20 min one day at BB. I was fully dressed and just taking general overview shots of some of the slides and the park. They never approched me but I saw them watching. I do believe if I was just walking around taking pictures of random people, they would of taken action or said something to me. To me the water parks are just as beautiful as the theme parks. I see no reason to ban cameras. :shrug:

That's ridiculous.

No way should they be banned.

If pervs can't get pictures there, then they'll just find somewhere else. It wouldn't make a bit of difference.

sweetpee_1993

I've never been to a Disney water park and we've only been swimming at our resort once (and froze because the air was cool). I think if it's part of a vacation I would want pics. I have pics from Schlitterbahn last summer...some of which were taken by employees stationed in the river areas that had cameras to take souvenier group shots.

Here's a tip: wear a more modest swimsuit if you're worried about someone having a pic of you. If you are covered up appropriately and dressed according to your activities who cares if there's a pic of you.

sweetpee_1993

Sure that isn't just Grandpa being stuck with the rugrats while mom and dad hit space mountain???:lookaroun

I was thinking that, too. My step-dad volunteered once to take my boys into the play area at DHS because I had a headache and wanted to lay down on a bench I found in the shade for a few minutes. You know how kids are when they hit a playground: they're off and you're left standing there looking for them. LOL!

shoppingnut

I've never been to a Disney water park and we've only been swimming at our resort once (and froze because the air was cool). I think if it's part of a vacation I would want pics. I have pics from Schlitterbahn last summer...some of which were taken by employees stationed in the river areas that had cameras to take souvenier group shots.

Here's a tip: wear a more modest swimsuit if you're worried about someone having a pic of you. If you are covered up appropriately and dressed according to your activities who cares if there's a pic of you.

If someone wants a photo of my big behind, feel free, but I try to find a swimsuit with the most coverage for the waterparks because that just means I have less areas to put sunscreen on and less potential areas to get sunburned.

When I went this past summer, I don't really recall seeing anyone with a camera. Although I could see people wanting to bring one at Typhoon Lagoon, for the shark reef that you can swim in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom