Camera Stops Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2jrston

Original Poster
Have you ever noticed how some people jump out of the way of a camera? A camera can literally stop traffic if you stand on one side of a path or street and aim at a person or character on the other side of the street.

I think it's hilarious how some people react. Yes, it's polite to not walk in front of a person trying to take pictures of his family but I really don't expect people to wait there while I'm focusing or getting an exposure setting. It's my responsibility to press the shutter release when I have a clear shot.

I've seen parents scold children for walking up to a character when I'm trying to take a picture of the character with a random child. And if I'm waiting for a splash to spray passers by... forget it, nobody will walk in front of the camera.

dolbyman

I think it's a habit from the old analog times .. just imagine you waste half a film just for one shot .. cause all the time you (think you) have people on the exposure walking through

now with the digital cameras no problem @ all

but it's still hard to tell if someone uses a digital camera or a film (especially on those bigger slr's)

BRER STITCH

Hmm....I would hope you find this to be a good thing!

At first glance, it appears most guests just walking around the park are, many times, more considerate than those trying to take pictures! :lol:

I think people in general do not feel bothered by waiting a couple seconds to let someone capture a family photo...or they may even offer to take it for you! For this, they should be thanked! I'm sure they would expect others to do the same for them. I've taken many family pics for others who askled as I was walking by!

It's the "Cecil B. DeMille wanna-be's" out there, though, who take forever staging their "spontaneous candid moments" that drive everyone else crazy! If someone is going to take pictures, THEY should be the one who is careful not to tie up the traffic flow by staging their shot in a busy area.

By the way....I am now ready for my close-up! :D

I just pretend I dont see them and walk right in front of them. I've seen some people get mad because they wanted an entire artery of traffic to stop for there all too important picture.

Raven66

burningstroller said:
I just pretend I dont see them and walk right in front of them. I've seen some people get mad because they wanted an entire artery of traffic to stop for there all too important picture.

I always try to be respectful of someone taking a picture, because I hope they do the same for me. Just wait until you want to take a picture and someone does that to you. It's not a very nice thing to do or say. :(

shoppingnut

Raven66 said:
I always try to be respectful of someone taking a picture, because I hope they do the same for me. Just wait until you want to take a picture and someone does that to you. It's not a very nice thing to do or say. :(

I totally agree with you Raven66. I know there are some folks that take forever to take a photo, but I try to be respectful of others. You know that not everyone gets to go to WDW all the time, this may be the only trip this family will be able to take, you don't know, so why ruin their memories. I go to WDW frequently, so I don't usually take any photos because I have so many already, but if someone asks me to take a photo of their family I do. when I go with my niece and nephew this summer I'll be taking tons and would hope that folks would wait 30 seconds or even offer to take a photo of all of us.

Do we all need to be in so much of a rush, you're on vacation. That I don't give a darn attitude is what is wrong with people and the world in general.

s2jrston

Original Poster
Good

burningstroller said:
I just pretend I dont see them and walk right in front of them.

Good! That's exactly what I would expect someone trying to enjoy the park to do. It's my responsibility to press the shutter release when the shot is clear. I don't blame anybody for walking in front of me. I welcome it. Please forgive me for standing here.

s2jrston

Original Poster
Good Point!

dolbyman said:
I think it's a habit from the old analog times .. just imagine you waste half a film just for one shot .. cause all the time you (think you) have people on the exposure walking through

now with the digital cameras no problem @ all

but it's still hard to tell if someone uses a digital camera or a film (especially on those bigger slr's)

Yes, you're absolutely correct. With my digital camera I can take 300 or 400 shots. I don't care if any are spoiled by people accidentlly walking in front of the camera or doing it on purpose. It doesn't cost me a thing but maybe a few seconds of time. So if you see me attempting a photo, go ahead, stroll right through!

Raven66

s2jrston said:
Good! That's exactly what I would expect someone trying to enjoy the park to do. It's my responsibility to press the shutter release when the shot is clear. I don't blame anybody for walking in front of me. I welcome it. Please forgive me for standing here.

That may be, but would an "excuse me" hurt?? If I walk in front of someone I always so "oh I'm sorry". But more often then not I will wave the people thru if they stop and if I go ahead and take the picture I always thank them for stopping.

if you say "excuse me" it defeats the purpose of pretending to ignore them. Maybe if you're picture is so important you should get Disney security involved, they could help you create barracade and perhaps re-route traffic on the already congested walkways.

bidnow5

I always stop but only long enough to take a photo if they haven't taken the photo in 10 or 15 seconds I walk through. I think taking photo's is a two way street they need to think of the people they are holding up also.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Photography is unneccesary in the parks, with green screen technology you can have yourself placed in any area of the park from the uncrowded comfort of a studio.

Besides theyl probably turn out crap anyway, :drevil:

s2jrston

Original Poster
10-15 second rule

bidnow5 said:
I always stop but only long enough to take a photo if they haven't taken the photo in 10 or 15 seconds I walk through. I think taking photo's is a two way street they need to think of the people they are holding up also.

Yes, if I haven't captured the shot in 15 seconds it's never going to happen. I should have my Disney photo permit revoked without a refund. And why would it take more than 5-10 seconds anyway?

Raven66

burningstroller said:
if you say "excuse me" it defeats the purpose of pretending to ignore them. Maybe if you're picture is so important you should get Disney security involved, they could help you create barracade and perhaps re-route traffic on the already congested walkways.

You are a rude person and immature and I'm done talking to you. :rolleyes:

burningstroller said:
When People walk in front and "pretend" not to see me it really makes me mad.... THey have no respect for anyone.

PhotoDave219

Ive learned to live with it. It irritates me, but i just deal with it. Its just a picture (usually) ... however if its a shot of a loved one and i missed the moment, i'll generally say something in my typical, usual, tactful way...

so you're saying that everyone one around you should stop what they are doing (ie: walking somewhere) to make sure you get the 'shot'? whenever I encounter people taking pictures...they are trying to take a picture across a very crowded walkway expecting 100's of people to hit the brakes. Haven't we had this conversation before? You know, the one about 'entitled people'. Do you feel that your admission ticket was worth more? Maybe along with the park hopper option they added a photo option to the tickets that I was unaware of. For 10 dollars more a day, every guest in the park will be sure to stay out of your way, no matter how inconvenient, in order for you to take that award winning picture with your disposable Fuji.

iluvmybeast

burningstroller said:
so you're saying that everyone one around you should stop what they are doing (ie: walking somewhere) to make sure you get the 'shot'? whenever I encounter people taking pictures...they are trying to take a picture across a very crowded walkway expecting 100's of people to hit the brakes. Haven't we had this conversation before? You know, the one about 'entitled people'. Do you feel that your admission ticket was worth more? Maybe along with the park hopper option they added a photo option to the tickets that I was unaware of. For 10 dollars more a day, every guest in the park will be sure to stay out of your way, no matter how inconvenient, in order for you to take that award winning picture with your disposable Fuji.

hmm isnt this a little harsh?? some people only get to go 2 disney once in their lives, and i dont blame them for wanting to take pictures across crowded walkways and bridges that they'll never be able to see, ever again, except in said pictures. how inconvenient is it to walk around these people? i mean, cmon, you could either wait for them to take their picture, or walk around them. its not that big of a deal. :hammer:

couldnt the same be said in reverse? someone goes to Disney once in their life and finds themeselves stopping every 5 minutes for someone taking a picture? Couldnt the person taking the photo just wait a min or two for the opportune moment to press that little button? After all, it's THEIR picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom