Calling the Resort Reservation Line

Cowboy Steve

Original Poster
Howdy folks! Was wondering if anyone else has had issues recently with the automated system when calling the Resort Reservations number? For several days now the system has given me all kinds of fits... for instance just today alone it took me 3 tries to get all the way through the menus... the first time (after sitting through all the announcements), I kept getting the 'we are experiencing higher than normal call volume. Your estimated wait is 14 minutes'... over... and over... and over. It just kept looping. So I hung up, tried again, and this time, wanted to use the call back option. After working my way through the system to get to the call back menu, the system gave me the wrong phone number as my call back number. So I punched in the correct number, the system read it back to me, and then *poof*... everything went silent. No messages, no confirmation, no nothing. Third try same thing - when confirming my number it was wrong. Entered the correct number, system read it back to me, and this time got the correct final confirmation. Call back came in around 15 mins later... and when the CM asked me to confirm my information, it was the wrong reservation. So the CM had to manually enter my reservation number before he could get it to work. On all three calls, I had manually entered our reservation confirmation number and the system read it back correctly... so I wonder what gives? Like I said, this has been going on since Friday (I have been calling daily to try and get our campsite upgraded). We are within 2 weeks so my excitement is trumping the aggravation associated with the system errors... 😁

PirateFrank

I had to call WDW website technical support today to address an issue on MDE. It kept showing old reservations that were canceled over a month ago, and I wanted them to try to fix it as we're about 25 days from our trip. I had to navigate through several menus, giving the automated menu my name, my address, my email address, etc.....all before the system would grace me with the amount of time I would have to wait to speak to a human being. I was quoted 105 minutes...and had to wait 110 minutes, before speaking to someone. Thankfully, the CM fixed my problem in minutes and I was able to continue my day....but only after losing 1 hour and 50 minutes to waiting for WDW to express how they were "glad I called".

BTW, one of the other things I had to do today was call Universal Orlando - because I am going to be there for 3 days on this upcoming trip. Total time of that phone call was 5 minutes.

One of these companies is doing customer service very wrong. One of them is doing it right. Sadly the one that's doing it wrong wrote the book on how to treat their customers.....but promptly threw it out the window because of a C word. (Not "covid", though that's the public excuse....it's "cuts")

aladdin2007

I had to call WDW website technical support today to address an issue on MDE. It kept showing old reservations that were canceled over a month ago, and I wanted them to try to fix it as we're about 25 days from our trip. I had to navigate through several menus, giving the automated menu my name, my address, my email address, etc.....all before the system would grace me with the amount of time I would have to wait to speak to a human being. I was quoted 105 minutes...and had to wait 110 minutes, before speaking to someone. Thankfully, the CM fixed my problem in minutes and I was able to continue my day....but only after losing 1 hour and 50 minutes to waiting for WDW to express how they were "glad I called".

BTW, one of the other things I had to do today was call Universal Orlando - because I am going to be there for 3 days on this upcoming trip. Total time of that phone call was 5 minutes.

One of these companies is doing customer service very wrong. One of them is doing it right. Sadly the one that's doing it wrong wrote the book on how to treat their customers.....but promptly threw it out the window because of a C word. (Not "covid", though that's the public excuse....it's "cuts")
could not agree more, Disney has become too complicated, too much red tape, too many restrictions, its near impossible to speak with someone. You can thank chapek, his minions, and the new clueless management hires. I bet they have a lot of bank chargebacks against them now because its so difficult to get help with payments or anything else.

vikescaper

I need to call about our upcoming resort stay but I really don’t want to because I don’t want to spend half the day on hold. It used to be so much easier to call Disney.

DfromATX

I don't know if this does you any good now, but... I called them just to ask a question about adding two people to our booking in January. I called on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Would you believe I got connected to someone within a few minutes?? I've called before so believe me, I know how long the wait can be. I think the last time I called to make a payment (because I'm staying at the Swan and can't do it online), I was on hold for 45 minutes!! Maybe the trick is to call near a holiday?

vikescaper

I’m usually a pretty patient person but I honestly don’t want to spend two hours sitting on hold waiting for a answer that may take a minute. I have turned to sending DM’s to the guest relations account on Twitter and usually have had success doing that and I don’t have to sit on hold.

Ayla

I don't blame any of you for not wanting to waste your time on hold for hours, but please don't be nasty with the people on the phone. It is not their fault. I completely understand your frustration, irritation, and exasperation, but the phone CM's are not the ones that created the situation they're having to clean up.

I sent an email back in early October for a magicband issue I was having (wasn't able to order magicbands for our trip) and it eventually resolved itself, so I didn't think another thing about it.

I just received a phone call about that email 10 minutes ago and she apologized profusely for not getting back to me in a timely manner and said they have been swamped with emails and phone calls and are doing the best they can. She also said they "normally" respond within 5 days, but that has not happened in a while.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Email is the worst thing you could attempt to use right now. The team that once was dedicated to the email was rolled into the main call center team and is handling calls now.

Ayla

Email is the worst thing you could attempt to use right now. The team that once was dedicated to the email was rolled into the main call center team and is handling calls now.
Our trip was almost 8 months away at the time I sent the email, there was no time urgency to my issue. That's why I sent it.

But yes, you are correct, if you need a timely answer, you'll have to either do chat or spend hours on the phone.

Sbk1234

I don't blame any of you for not wanting to waste your time on hold for hours, but please don't be nasty with the people on the phone. It is not their fault. I completely understand your frustration, irritation, and exasperation, but the phone CM's are not the ones that created the situation they're having to clean up.
Agreed! I'm the type of person who is relatively calm when I first dial the phone, but I'm holding back Hulk-size rage by the time a human being comes on, after dealing with the automated systems for so long. But I do have to say that once I'm talking to a human being, in most cases (not just Disney) the customer service people have been very helpful and tried very hard to resolve whatever issue I'm calling about. As I find myself reminding myself over and over again, it's not the fault of the poor soul who gets stuck talking to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom