CALLING ALL WDW MOMS OF TODDLERS!

WWWD

Go to Downtown Disney - they have a small train ride and a small Carousel there for a couple bucks a ride.

I would ride the monorail - a two year old would like that. The EPCOT loop lets you get a sneak peak inside the park.

They could also rent a boat or ride a boat.

Also the Boardwalk is an option, you could watch street performers - two years old might be a little young to enjoy them. Or, you could rent a bicycle built for 4 and ride around the EPCOT resort area.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Do a meal with the princeses at Askerhus or CRT! Another must do is all of Fantasyland! My best advice is see what she is ready for! My ds was very tall and went on a loop coaster and spun the tea cups very fast at just 2 but every child is different. I know 10 yr olds that won't go on EE!

Nemo14

Do a meal with the princeses at Askerhus or CRT! Another must do is all of Fantasyland! My best advice is see what she is ready for! My ds was very tall and went on a loop coaster and spun the tea cups very fast at just 2 but every child is different. I know 10 yr olds that won't go on EE!
They're not going into a park.

HouCuseChickie

Character meals are great for that age. Some of it depends on the child. My kids were (and still are) pretty terrified of HM and our meal at Trex really scared my younger one. Beyond that...both kids really enjoyed playing in the sand at the Poly beach during Wishes.

luv

ITTBAB. I cannot advise staying out of there strongly enough. It is just not a good attraction for very little ones. Almost every time I see it (and I've seen it a LOT because I really like it!), someone runs out with a screaming toddler or preschooler.

Otherwise, let the kid set the pace. Follow their lead when it comes to characters - don't get so wrapped up in wanting a pic of the kid with Mickey that you force them into a terrifying situation. You might know its safe, but they are as frightened as you'd be if someone broke into the house and pointed a gun at you. Don't torture the toddler for a pic, lol.

And if the kid is happy to ride Pooh five times or to follow a crack in the cement, just do that. They don't know or care what it cost to get into the park. They just know what is fun...and sometimes a bench or a rock is more fun than IASW. Take advantage of that while it lasts!

Cosmic Commando

-Campfire at Ft. Wilderness: a FREE cowboy sing-a-long, Chip & Dale meet and Disney movie outside (you can buy s'mores stuff or bring your own)
-go to AKL and see the animals on the savannah... possibly with night vision goggles
-storytelling at AKL at night
-play in the fountains at DtD Marketplace
-store at T-Rex. There are a couple of "activity" purchases there like they let the kids push the handle to crack open the geodes that you can buy and you can pan through bags of dirt for either fossils or minerals in the sluice boxes that they have in the store. It was pretty inexpensive, the employees there were super nice and you don't need to eat there to go to the shop.
-see the geyser at Wilderness Lodge
-mini golf

Character Meals:
Chef Mickey's
Cape May breakfast
'Ohana breakfast

Non-character Meals:
Boma
Whispering Canyon
Rainforest
T-Rex

Disclaimer: I am a Dad. :cool:

So my cousins are in town with their two year old daughter and asked what they should do NOT in the parks and I realized that I don't really know. Anyone have any good suggestions??

THANKS!

I can't think of anything not to do, but I suggest that you go to the Princess Luncheon at the Grand Floridian resort. The princesses walk around so you can get pictures with them, and will even mess around with family members giving you a good laugh. :D

StarWarsGirl

So my cousins are in town with their two year old daughter and asked what they should do NOT in the parks and I realized that I don't really know. Anyone have any good suggestions??

THANKS!
Well, I'm not a mom of a toddler, but I was a sister of a toddler not too long ago. And a toddler myself before that...

Remind them of the Rider Switch option so that if they want to go on, say, Space Mountain, they can switch off. Also, Dumbo. Check the line out ahead of time and either let the kid play or get Fastpasses for it so that there are no screaming fits that toddlers used to put their parents through in line (who? Me? Nah. Just a toddler who looked a lot like me...). They may also want Fastpasses for Peter Pan and Under the Sea. These are great rides that you will wait forever for without a Fastpass (or unless you're like me and just get on late at night after the line dies down). Great Movie Ride, It's Tough to be a Bug, and Captain EO can be scary for little ones, so be careful. Remind them of the Kid Cot Funstops in Epcot so that they can enjoy the countries while their little one plays.

If I recall correctly, I wasn't wild about the stunt shows when I was little (Indiana Jones).

Good restaurants for kids:
Magic Kingdom: Tony's. Tends to be noisier.
Epcot: Chefs de France: Has chicken strips on menu, tends to be noisier.
Hollywood Studios: Prime Time Cafe. Good food, noisier, lots of fun for kids.
Animal Kingdom: Pizzarafi. Yes this is quick service. It's also my favorite and where I lost my first tooth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom