Calling all teachers...

figmentmom

Original Poster
It's Labor Day, and that means it's time to head back to school for those of us who teach, and aren't ALREADY back! I was just curious - how many teachers are members here? I teach kindergarten, fourth and fifth grade vocal music in upstate NY, and I love it. This will be my 21st year coming up. I know I'm not the only one (Coronado, you teach, right?)

Anybody else?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
:wave:I'm an art teacher for K-8th grade. Starting my 3rd year. :D

tiggerlover1971

I am a subsitute teacher right now if that counts so I havent worked yet since school just started but Sept 6 i have a job lined up I usally sub prek-grade 5

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm not sure if this counts, but I used to be Physics Teacher. Everyone kept telling me "you know with your background, you could make a lot more money and get treated with a lot more respect in industry", so now I'm in industry making more money and being treated with more respect. Sad but true.

Here's to the rest of you who stuck it out!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Legacy

My mom is a middle school chorus teacher... and I help out her class when i feel like it... does that count?

aim

Teachers are in my family. I have Aunts that are teachers, both my parents are teachers, one of my sisters is a teacher, one is in school to become a teacher & I plan on becoming a teacher!! :D

DisneyCP2000

Sorry to drift a bit... but I must say thank you to all the teachers out there :king: . Without you, I wouldn't be where I am today (an engineer).

Thank You again :)

Tramp

Originally posted by Eeyore
:wave:I'm an art teacher for K-8th grade. Starting my 3rd year. :D

...yes, and a pretty one you are:animwink:

...do you still wear those thigh high boots to school?:lol:

(my wife would kill me if I told anyone she started her 29th year last week, so I won't dare mention it):eek:

DisneyPhD

I've been teaching college chemistry for 4+ years now (more if you count grad school.) When I started, I was as young or younger than most of my students. Now I've got about 5-10 years on most of them. We started class 2 weeks ago on Thursday.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by Tramp

...yes, and a pretty one you are:animwink:

...do you still wear those thigh high boots to school?:lol:

(my wife would kill me if I told anyone she started her 29th year last week, so I won't dare mention it):eek:

Awwww thanks Tramp ;) Yes, of course I still wear the boots :lol:, but they are a bit worn out. I have to start looking for some new ones.

figmentmom

Original Poster
OF COURSE it counts! Education students, student teachers, substitute teachers, former teachers, current teachers, professors - EVERYBODY makes a difference!:)

Sheri

I don't know if this counts, but I help teach taekwondo :) lol, not excactly the kind of teacher I think you mean though, hehe.

Tramp

Originally posted by Sheri
I don't know if this counts, but I help teach taekwondo :) lol, not excactly the kind of teacher I think you mean though, hehe.

I've seen you in action...you're one tough cookie!

Attachments

• dancingbaby.gif
    dancingbaby.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 65

mightyduck

I started yesterday, and my kids come in tomorrow. Woohoo! Juniors and seniors this year! No more wiggly freshmen! (not that there's anything wrong with that! And a big THANK YOU to those who teach the middle grades!).

isnet396

I am not a teacher, although I got onto CBS for teaching seniors how to use computers and the internet for two years.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there happen to be any AP Bio or Physics teachers, or Pre-Calc teachers out there.....just in case i need some help later :D

Ian

mightyduck

Originally posted by isnet396
I am not a teacher, although I got onto CBS for teaching seniors how to use computers and the internet for two years.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there happen to be any AP Bio or Physics teachers, or Pre-Calc teachers out there.....just in case i need some help later :D

Ian

Ian, did you just say that you're not a teacher, but you play one on tv? :lol: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom