Calling All Pittsburgh WDWMAGIC Members!!!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
First off, Im not sure if this is the correct place but oh well here we go!

I was sitting around thinking today that I notice there is quite a few of us on here. Maybe we can arrange a "night out" here? Like go out get some dinner or appitizers or something, somewhere in our city.

I have like one person I know who shares my love for WDW and thats my girlfriend. I wish I had more "live" people to talk to about it a bit, learn more, and help more from what I know. Just basically sit back and enjoy the same things that someone standing right next to me might love and we would never know.

It might be weird or it might be a great idea :shrug:.

We could pick a central location, North Hills, South Hills, Downtown, Greentree, Waterfront, Robinson...Dont really matter to me. I think it could be a bi weekly, monthly, type thing we could do. We could even Disney Theme it!

What do you guys think? Are there people on here NOT from Pittsburgh that are already doing this? Has anyone tried? How did it work out?

If you are interested in joining in, please PM me your email address

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Any ideas on where wed like to do this? Area? Weekday? Weeknight? I know all applebees have $4 appitizers starting 2 hours before they close everynight. I know this cause my GF's friends have been doing this EVERY Thursday night since highschool!

Im living in Brentwood, and Shaler right now. Mostly in Brentwood so when Im there I am 10 minutes from everywhere!

My picks would be somewhere we can get a reservation able to accomodate everyone who wants to come. I could honestly care less we can do Eat N Park, or Cheesecake Factory. Its more for the talking and interaction for me! Well food is a big deal too hahahaha!

BigB911

This is an excellent idea! I would love to do this!

Just a few suggestions, though...

Since DW and I work opposing shifts, and usually only have like 1 day a week off together, we try to make sure that DD is a part of our day. So could it be family friendly?

Also, somewhere that has free parking would be cool, too. The Waterfront sounds good to me since I'm 5 min. from there. Or somewhere like Robinson Towne Center would be cool, too, since I see there are a few from out that way.

Jessie&Buzz

We're from Beaver County. Robinson/Airport area is best for us. Not sure if my hubby would be game since he's not as much as a Disney nut as I am. We would have to bring kids along too. It's so hard to find a good sitter. We have t-ball starting soon so lots of our evenings will be busy. Just pick a day and if we can make it, we'll try to be there.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Once this is up for another week and everyone sees it Ill start putting something together. If you have any PGH friends here who havent responded make sure you show them the thread and get a reply out of them for interest.

Hahaha family is welcome. However, whoever has crying kids has to pay for my food!

Tiggerfanatic

Count me in! We could bring our photos, pins, etc. to share with everyone and it would be a lot of fun! I live south of the city in Greene Co. but can get to Robinson in about 45 minutes. South Hills works good for me, too.

xtimMOOthyx

I think this is a great idea! We live in the city, so we can be anywhere within a good 15-20 minutes. Wherever you decide is good with us!

sublimesting

That's a cool idea, a Disneyinzers club. My wife is the only one who can I can talk about Disney with....everyone else I know DOES NOT GET IT AT ALL...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah my GF is doing our scrap book. So yeah pics & pins would be cool to see.

It looks like Robinson will probably be where this happens. Question now is where?

Buffalo Wild Wings
Quaker Steak & Lube
Bravo
Atrias
Bahama Breeze
Fridays

That's all I can think off the top of my head right now. BWW and QS&L would pobably be the two places that could accomodate our group. We did BWW for the NHL playoffs last year and they took good care of us.

b94ronman

this sounds like a great idea - the fridays in robinson has a dining area behind the bar area that could work for groups - BWW would probably work the best though. hop ethis happens, it should be fun!

KristieLC

Another suggestion could be North Park Clubhouse in Robinson. Has a bar and decent food, as well as arcade type games and skee ball to keep some of the kids occupied. They get tickets to redeem for junky prizes too. They have games for all ages, so even those with young ones would be happy.

DizneyPryncess

Hey all ~

Great idea! Robinson is fine with me - so is just about anywhere. I live in south side, but my house flooded in January so I'm staying at my parents in Baldwin. I'm literally in Brentwood's backyard, haha. My husband & I aren't very picky eaters - so any of those Robinson places sound great! :)

Jamie

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Kristie, thats an AWESOME idea!

I'll look into it...

So is a weekday better? I prefer that becaue crowds will be low, and if we go to a North Park Clubhouse type there wont be a zillion teens there.

Im looking mid April for this? Im sure everyone on here in the area hasnt seen the message yet, or responded.

Like Wed April 15th at like 7pm once traffic dies down...I figure that would give everyone enough time to meet, eat, chat, do whatever else, and still get home at a decent hour if needed. I need to be up at 6am weekdays but Im up for a good time so thats not an issue to me. Only thing if a Pens playoff game is on Ill be HEAVILY distracted, or if its home we will have to change it to the day before or after! Hahaha!

Give me some feedback guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom