call in 'periodically'?

PigletIsMyCat

i called disney res last week about my room only res at pofq. i noticed my confirmation email said 'garden view' when i had been looking to book a king. the rep told me that there were no king available with the cast member other bedroom discount but that she'd note it on my reservation. i also asked about adding the dining plan - i said something like, i know it's not always offered but i'm wondering what the price would be and how i'd know if i could add it.

i was told that it pops up from time to time, there's no real way to tell if it would be available (this echoes what my cm friend told me). the disney res rep advised me to call back periodically to see if a) a king bed became available and b) the dining plan became available.

so my question is, how often should i call? does anyone have any experience with adding a dining plan option to a cm other bedroom discount (or any cast discounted room for that matter)? we haven't decided if we want to add the dining plan - at full cost, it will probably be close to breaking even with paying oop. however if it's offered discounted at all, it may be worth it for us.

dreamfinder

Can't speak to any CM discounted rooms, but any discount they offer normally only has a set number of rooms. Sometimes more will open up, other times they won't. Much like trying to get a BOG or CRT reservation, it's a crap shoot. All it takes is someone to have called in just before you did and you miss it.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

If they do let you add the dining plan to an already discounted room with the CM discount, you will pay full price for the dining plan - it's extremely unlikely that you would get a discount on both.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
on the phone to disney res again, listening to beautiful disney music and counting the days until i am back in the world. i know the dining plan used to be discounted for cm reservations at certain times of the year. none of my group of disneyphiles/cms have booked a cm discount in a loooooong time.

they are offering it for my time period, at full price (which i expected.) now i just have to sit down and really crunch the numbers to see if it's worth it. the one thing i really like about it is that it will just be easier than having to budget a million dollars for food. i'll only have to budget a half million lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom