California Grill to debut new fixed price three course menu.

nickys

Premium Member
Since when did the rules apply to Disney corporate, what are the DVC owners gonna do Sue??? Sorry they cant it has to go to DVD’s captive arbitration company. Eventually Disney will push the owners too far and there will be a huge class action suit, And that day may be sooner than people think because of DVC creating new points out of thin air.
I don’t think access is guaranteed. Gonna have to dig out the POS (well, reference it on the internet). It isn’t paid for by dues therefore I don’t think there is any guarantee about access.

Nubs70

We just ate at the Cali Grill last night. I wonder if they’re already prepping for such a change. It was such a different experience than any other and not in a good way. It was a very limited menu and unlike other times when everything was made to order, any requests to change, alter or tweak anything were shut down before we could finish our sentences.
We can also now sympathize with everyone who has complained about being rushed through their ‘Ohana meal. Our waiter was asking what we wanted for dessert as soon as we ordered. I actually lost count how many times he asked us that question.
We ordered many apps, our meals, two bottles of wine and dessert. If our waiter had his way, we would have had all of that in 45 minutes or less. We purposely reserved a later time so we could enjoy the fireworks from our table. The pressure, the attitude, the lack of everything you would expect from such a restaurant was beyond disappointing.
I had the same rushed experience at Tiffins back in March. Really turned me off.

skypilot2922

I don’t think access is guaranteed. Gonna have to dig out the POS (well, reference it on the internet). It isn’t paid for by dues therefore I don’t think there is any guarantee about access.

The lounge property itself is paid for by dues, However it's OPERATED by F&B under contract to DVD.

skypilot2922

Also convention business has long vanished from filling the hotel convention space and private events at the parks. Could be a could way to wine and dine execs of companies to solicit that WDW is open again.

One would expect that Club 33 would be the venue for that, But you have illustrated a likely scenario as well

Nubs70

So sad.
I’m sorry. I’m sure your expectations for a wonderful experience were just as high as ours.
I did have pretty high expectations based on reports. What was perplexing was that there were plenty of tables open. It was like the waiter wanted to run us through as fast as he could so he could go home.

I feel I need to amend my previous comments. Product and Service make the Brand. Reflecting on the bill, I wasn't looking to spend that amount for the Brand, I was expecting to pay that for Product and Service. I only got half of what was expected.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I did have pretty high expectations based on reports. What was perplexing was that there were plenty of tables open. It was like the waiter wanted to run us through as fast as he could so he could go home.

I feel I need to amend my previous comments. Product and Service make the Brand. Reflecting on the bill, I wasn't looking to spend that amount for the Brand, I was expecting to pay that for Product and Service. I only got half of what was expected.
Not excusing them, but there are so many servers displaced from their usual restaurants that are still adjusting to their new homes. I had a server at the Wave a while back and he was really nice but moving at light speed so we ended up telling him (politely) that we were in no rush and then he calmed down a bit. He apologized and explained that he had just been called back, he usually worked at Tony’s and this was his second day working at the wave and was not used to the slower pace of resorts. I ordered an Irish coffee for dessert and he brought me coffee service with a shot of whisky on the side lol. I looked at it confused and he says “that’s wrong isn’t it?”. I explained the whisky usually comes in the coffee lol. “I’m sorry, you’re the first person to order that and at Tony’s we only have a couple of beers and wine, I’m still learning bar drinks.” We laughed about it.

I’m sorry that your experience was rushed, I feel so bad for guests and Cast right now. Everyone (for the most part) is trying their best but it’s such a mess right now. I hope this starts to iron out once people get used to their new homes and routines.

Goofyernmost

According to its webpage, California Grill will be unavailable befitting October 2nd to create “a special dining experience” for the 50th ... which starts the day before. Interesting and confusing choice.
Where did you see that. I just went to CG website and found nothing at all about anything being unavailable on Oct. 2nd. Help me understand what will be unavailable and where to look.

lewisc

Just heard what’s changing. So disappointing. This fixed price menu stuff is ruining the dining experiences
A fixed price menu can improve the dining experience by getting. rid of dessert only guests.

A fixed price menu can offer many choices and have upcharges for premium items.

JMO
Standardizing the menu between restaurants. Lowering the quality and increasing the price, to increase profits is whats lowering the dining experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom